Fajitas

Post All Your Unrelated Stuff Here.
tonebender
Reactions:
Gearlist: Fav: Gibson LP and Gibson Goldtone Amp. Other gear: Gretsch, Peavey, Taylor and more.

Since my heart issues I have changed my diet. I do not eat bread, wheat pasta, pork, beef, processed foods, fried foods, and sweets. The hardest thing to give up was pizza. I have made a cauliflower crust pizza a time or two with chicken instead of m favorite, pepperoni and it is okay but not the real thing. My favorite food is Mexican but with eliminating tortillas, even corn, I am left to get my fix eating fajitas or taco salads. I regularly visit several Mexican restaurants in the area but I make them at home too. I do not use packaged seasoning products but individual spices that I proportion to my own taste. I made some Friday night and they were awesome.
fajitas.jpg
"Will follow through with a transaction when the terms are agreed upon" almightybunghole
PoodlesAgain
Reactions:

I had fajitas before, but I should ask, how do you go about making it?

I do cook mixed vegetables and a bit of meat, but it comes out more like stir- fry fry Chinese.
The other farm cats didn’t super love him but the chickens thought he was alright so he became a chicken.
mickey
Reactions:

PoodlesAgain wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 3:38 pm I had fajitas before, but I should ask, how do you go about making it?

I do cook mixed vegetables and a bit of meat, but it comes out more like stir- fry fry Chinese.
Don't add soy sauce!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Gandalf the Intonationer
Rollin Hand
Reactions:

PoodlesAgain wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 3:38 pm I had fajitas before, but I should ask, how do you go about making it?

Some kind of Mexican/Tex-Mex seasoning helps, and pour in a little salsa.
"I'm not a sore loser. It's just that I prefer to win, and when I don't, I get furious."
- Ron Swanson
tonebender
Reactions:
Gearlist: Fav: Gibson LP and Gibson Goldtone Amp. Other gear: Gretsch, Peavey, Taylor and more.

Yes, veggies are the same all over the world but the seasoning selection is cultural. I cook them in extra virgin Tunisian olive oil and I season with chili powder, cumin, garlic, paprika, cayenne pepper. A splash of lime juice is great too. A little dab of low fat sour cream can add a nice flavor. I could do the same veggies with soy sauce and call it Asian cuisine.
"Will follow through with a transaction when the terms are agreed upon" almightybunghole
tlarson58
Reactions:
Gearlist: A tele, a bass and a bunch of other stuff.

As noted in a previous post, my diet is terrible. Your heart problem mandated immediate changes. Which do you feel contributed/contributes to your improved health the most?
Tommy Larson
Steamboat Springs, CO
SamIV
Reactions:

Looks great. There are some great flour and corn substitutes out there. Some even come in tortilla form. I have issues with wheat these days, but do ok with Ezekiel bread. Not the worst when toasted and it comes in tortilla’s as well. Would not say they are bargain priced though. Most of the time I just eat my fajita’s with Mexican rice and no tortilla though. Some things kinda suck when you get older.
tonebender
Reactions:

tlarson58 wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 11:27 pm As noted in a previous post, my diet is terrible. Your heart problem mandated immediate changes. Which do you feel contributed/contributes to your improved health the most?
@tlarson58 Tommy, I had 95% blockage in the widow maker artery. They installed a stent in December of 22. I lost 70 lbs with the new regimen as well. So now I am doing just fine. I walk, and ride the bike for regular exercise but I am not a fanatic about it, just about an hour or so 4 times a week. I will do a 30 minute walk and a 30 minute stationary bike ride and call it good. Changing what I ate was certainly beneficial but more importantly smaller portions was key.
mickey
Reactions:

tonebender wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 8:50 am
tlarson58 wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 11:27 pm As noted in a previous post, my diet is terrible. Your heart problem mandated immediate changes. Which do you feel contributed/contributes to your improved health the most?
@tlarson58 Tommy, I had 95% blockage in the widow maker artery. They installed a stent in December of 22. I lost 70 lbs with the new regimen as well. So now I am doing just fine. I walk, and ride the bike for regular exercise but I am not a fanatic about it, just about an hour or so 4 times a week. I will do a 30 minute walk and a 30 minute stationary bike ride and call it good. Changing what I ate was certainly beneficial but more importantly smaller portions was key.
I'll be damned! I never thought you had 70 pounds to lose!!!
Gandalf the Intonationer
artandsoul
Reactions:
Gearlist: sx callisto cus ds tobacco quilt, A2 probuckers.
sx hawk car p90 all stock.
agile al3200 purple black quilt, all stock.
jet city 50w 6l6 warren hanes mod
jet city 100w ltd el34 warren hanes mod
big knob pedals color jumbo, behringer super fuzz, joyo dig tuner, black arts toneworks lstr fuzz" green muff clone"
412 eminence swamp thang 600watts in egnater cabinet

what meat you using for the fajitas? i know they say skirt steak or flank steak but its really hard to find and pretty dam expensive. I have tried fajitas many times but can never get the taste right something is always missing. maybe its beer or something else they marinate in. I know some dont marinate just season when cooking so many diff taste at diff restaurants.
"Nationwide, on average 21% of adults in the US are illiterate in 2023. 54% of adults have a literacy below 6th grade level" Now I know whats wrong with people lmao
tonebender
Reactions:

artandsoul wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 11:39 pm what meat you using for the fajitas? i know they say skirt steak or flank steak but its really hard to find and pretty dam expensive. I have tried fajitas many times but can never get the taste right something is always missing. maybe its beer or something else they marinate in. I know some dont marinate just season when cooking so many diff taste at diff restaurants.
Chicken or Shrimp only. I no longer eat beef or pork.
andrewsrea
Reactions:
Gearlist: 28 Guitars: (2) basses, (2) acoustics, (3) hollow bodies, (3) Semi hollow, (1) Double-neck, (17) Solid-bodies

Glad you are finding variety, amongst your restrictions!

I watched my wife go through it with her food-allergy caused Hashimoto's disease, over the last 15 years. It also really affects your ability to just pull over at any old restaurant to grab a bite.

My diet is probably under the category of 'what not to eat,' yet it hasn't killed me yet. High fat, low sugar and 30mg of statin per day. Four Martinis' or two-finger glasses of whisky a week.

I'd like to boost my exercise to what I used to do pre-covid, but I am on my feet and moving a good percentage of every day, which I guess helps.
Live life to the fullest! - Rob
Partscaster
Reactions:

tonebender wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 11:29 am Since my heart issues I have changed my diet. I do not eat bread, wheat pasta, pork, beef, processed foods, fried foods, and sweets. The hardest thing to give up was pizza. I have made a cauliflower crust pizza a time or two with chicken instead of m favorite, pepperoni and it is okay but not the real thing. My favorite food is Mexican but with eliminating tortillas, even corn, I am left to get my fix eating fajitas or taco salads. I regularly visit several Mexican restaurants in the area but I make them at home too. I do not use packaged seasoning products but individual spices that I proportion to my own taste. I made some Friday night and they were awesome.

fajitas.jpg
Looks delicious. Nice to hear you've made those hard decisions about sticking around. Hats off to you.
"The man that hath no music in himself, nor is not moved with concord of sweet sounds, is fit for treasons, stratagems, and spoils. The motions of his spirit are dull as night, and his affections dark as Erebus. Let no such man be trusted."