New used tiny red keyboard day

Post All Your Unrelated Stuff Here.
BatUtilityBelt
Reactions:

Only recently, one of my pieces needs a good ole Hammond B3. I wasn't about to buy the real thing or spend thousands on a big keyboard that does that well. The choice that became obvious to me was the Yamaha Reface YC. Among my keyboards, I also have a Reface CP and love how well it does its tiney (see what I did there?) emulations.

A YC was listed on Reverb in mint condition. I shot an offer and it was accepted... in this market? Inconceivable. It arrived yesterday and I am astonished by how well it does the B3 thing I was after. Not normally playing old organs, I have to work on my crawling, smearing, and effects timing, but this little thing is awesome.
YC.jpg
Organs are not pressure sensitive and I'm not used to the lack of performance dynamics there. But out of curiosity I MIDI'd it up to another keyboard and yes, the keyboard on the YC is pressure sensitive. It's just authentic of the organ emulations to not respond to pressure values. Makes sense though, because the other Reface models do respond to pressure, so why change out the keyboard?