Warning ⚠️ Content May be Disturbing to Some ⚠️

Post All Your Unrelated Stuff Here.
tonebender
Reactions:
Gearlist: Fav: Gibson LP and Gibson Goldtone Amp. Other gear: Gretsch, Peavey, Taylor and more.

I am trending towards the sell off mode again. I do not have that many that I want to sell but I do need to get rid of a few.
"Will follow through with a transaction when the terms are agreed upon" almightybunghole
Tonray's Ghost
Reactions:

tonebender wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 7:27 am I am trending towards the sell off mode again. I do not have that many that I want to sell but I do need to get rid of a few.
I'm just hoping the home maintenance and improvement stuff will lighten up so I can devote resources to gear and travel. In reality, it seems that once a maintenance project is done I, being the perfectionist I never wanted to be, have to spend even more to perfect every detail. Rain awning roof and concrete slab to protect foundation then of course needed new fancy flooring, decorative river rock and outdoor furniture. 2024 will be the year of 2 new guitars and a bigger, better amp setup..house be damned...ha ha ha
Rollin Hand
Reactions:

I am looking at a sell off soon. I have two RG350s. If I could replace both with an RG550, that would work for me. See? Cutting back!
"I'm not a sore loser. It's just that I prefer to win, and when I don't, I get furious."
- Ron Swanson
tobijohn
Reactions:

tonebender wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 7:27 am I am trending towards the sell off mode again...
I've sometimes wondered what that feels like. It's pretty apparent that I've never experienced it.... ;)
Delightful mix of insolence, arrogance and narcissism
Republican moderate trapped in a heavy metal chassis
Growing up, only kid in the neighborhood with an Uncle Ahkbar
tonebender
Reactions:
Gearlist: Fav: Gibson LP and Gibson Goldtone Amp. Other gear: Gretsch, Peavey, Taylor and more.

tobijohn wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 6:06 pm
tonebender wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 7:27 am I am trending towards the sell off mode again...
I've sometimes wondered what that feels like. It's pretty apparent that I've never experienced it.... ;)
For me it meant selling a whole bunch of $400 guitars and funding new furniture, a paver walkway to a nice party pad with firepit, landscaping, granite countertops, new faucet fixtures throughout and flooring for the new house. I even had enough left to to buy some Gibson guitars and a few nice acoustics. I sold a bunch of amps too. The guitars were all paid for with gig earnings so the home improvement money actually came from years of gigging but was temporarily parked in guitars.
"Will follow through with a transaction when the terms are agreed upon" almightybunghole
Tonray's Ghost
Reactions:

tonebender wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 7:07 pm
tobijohn wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 6:06 pm
For me it meant selling a whole bunch of $400 guitars and funding new furniture, a paver walkway to a nice party pad with firepit, landscaping, granite countertops, new faucet fixtures throughout and flooring for the new house. I even had enough left to to buy some Gibson guitars and a few nice acoustics. I sold a bunch of amps too. The guitars were all paid for with gig earnings so the home improvement money actually came from years of gigging but was temporarily parked in guitars.
Ahh...that's the step I missed, never being competent enough to play anything for profit. So let me get this straight, I can tell the girlfriend that since I suck at guitar playing, I must buy more gear to develop my expertise, earn some $$$ gigging (or Thai Baht as the case may be) , then afterwards sell off that gear to make home improvements ? I am LOVING this plan !