Newbie blacksmith aka metal butcher on the way

Post All Your Unrelated Stuff Here.
artandsoul
Reactions:

Its been awhile since I have been on the site or any site for that matter other than utube lolI moved and after that storm been gettin the workshop moved in for woodworking and now getting into blacksmithing. Its been a hell of a journey the past few months almost like building a guitar from scratch. After piling up parts like vises, anvil, forge, sanders, welder, grinders etc and spending money fast as I can print it lol! My 1st projects I made were some snakes from rebar, hard to see in this pics but u get the idea, dont car much about knives more of the artistic side of metalsmithing. I have been stockpiling steel for few months to have some cheapo metal to beat on. just picked up a log spliter to male into a metal press people think guitars and amps are money pits lol there cheap to me now.
anyone here dove into the metalsmith world.
20231201_203625.jpg
20231201_203643.jpg
"Nationwide, on average 21% of adults in the US are illiterate in 2023. 54% of adults have a literacy below 6th grade level" Now I know whats wrong with people lmao
tonebender
Reactions:
Gearlist: Fav: Gibson LP and Gibson Goldtone Amp. Other gear: Gretsch, Peavey, Taylor and more.

My father was a blacksmith but he only shoed horses. Later in life when shoeing horses was a little much he transitioned into gunsmithing an knife making. I personally never have been much with metals but I enjoyed messing around in a woodshop.
"Will follow through with a transaction when the terms are agreed upon" almightybunghole
artandsoul
Reactions:

tonebender wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 8:13 am My father was a blacksmith but he only shoed horses. Later in life when shoeing horses was a little much he transitioned into gunsmithing an knife making. I personally never have been much with metals but I enjoyed messing around in a woodshop.
farriers are some hard mofos can swing a hammer like a machine . Ive been beating drums for 20 years and hammers so beating is pretty easy for me lmao
"Nationwide, on average 21% of adults in the US are illiterate in 2023. 54% of adults have a literacy below 6th grade level" Now I know whats wrong with people lmao