How far can I fall in 1 month ?

Post All Your Unrelated Stuff Here.
Tonray's Ghost
Reactions:

Well last month the FBI Director emailed me saying he was reserving my 10 million dollar award pending my personal details (you'd think the FBI would already have a file with that info, right ?)...

and now apparently I have fallen on hard times !

"Vin Mayer <ivazreljact@hotmail.com>
Thu 1/26/2023 12:58 AM
To:
Hi it’s Vin with the Financial Hardship Department. Have you talked to an assigned agent regarding our Financial Hardship Program? I do see that you’re approved for Hardship Elimination. So what I’m going to do is keep this in a pending status. And If you have about five minutes today go ahead and give me a call so we can go over the details. My number is: 833-674-‎‎242‎‎5, Thank You, Vin Mayer"
Partscaster
Reactions:

are there ways you can get a cell phone virus by dialing a particular number?
Or, is the guy maybe gonna be on the answering phone?
I like the hotmail name, Ivazreljact. Could be a good band name.
"The man that hath no music in himself, nor is not moved with concord of sweet sounds, is fit for treasons, stratagems, and spoils. The motions of his spirit are dull as night, and his affections dark as Erebus. Let no such man be trusted."
Tonray's Ghost
Reactions:

Partscaster wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 7:41 pm are there ways you can get a cell phone virus by dialing a particular number?
Or, is the guy maybe gonna be on the answering phone?
I like the hotmail name, Ivazreljact. Could be a good band name.
I wonder if he's related to Vin Diesel ?
artandsoul
Reactions:

"I do see that you’re approved for Hardship Elimination"....
And since you already pre approved !!! we will include the totally free with no charge to you 6 dr kevorkian *trademark* hardship elimination pills not 3 but 6 elimination pills in the mail free to you today [postage and handling required] upon the approval of your bank account information and power of attorney to vin mayer your sworn death recipient and sole heir a small 1 time fee of 499.99 [plus shipping and handling].

An approval letter from you wife has already been verified and we are ready to process this payment . just replay with " take me off your call list" and your instantly approved for the 6 free not 3 not 4 but 6! free dr kevorkian pills* delivered to you doorstep within 24hours of this email. results may vary dr kevorkian* pills may cause drowsiness, headaches, vomitting, or gear accusition syndrome " gas" . we are not responsible for guitars or musical gear appearing on your credit card days after taking pills. results may vary
"Nationwide, on average 21% of adults in the US are illiterate in 2023. 54% of adults have a literacy below 6th grade level" Now I know whats wrong with people lmao
tonebender
Reactions:
Gearlist: Fav: Gibson LP and Gibson Goldtone Amp. Other gear: Gretsch, Peavey, Taylor and more.

I don't know how people that run these type scams can sleep at night. I just got the classic scam response from an item I am selling on CL.

Thanks for returning my message. I'm currently not in town for now, so I won't be able to meet with you due to my work frame and also we are very busy at this time preparing for our daughter's wedding but I'm okay with the price and condition as shown on the advert. I'll proceed in issuing a cashier's check to you and when you receive the payment and it clears your bank, I will make arrangements for the pick up. I will also add an additional $70 to hold it down for me. So get back to me with the details below to mail the check out to you asap..

Name to be on the payment ...........
Address to mail the check to ........
City, state and Zip code ............NOT P.O BOX
Final Asking price...................
Phone number to text you on ..

They've been running this scam for years, seems they could come up with something new.
"Will follow through with a transaction when the terms are agreed upon" almightybunghole
Tonray's Ghost
Reactions:

tonebender wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 7:42 am
I don't know how people that run these type scams can sleep at night. I just got the classic scam response from an item I am selling on CL.

I'm guessing if the scams generate enough for a top of the line pillowtop mattress, that might explain it !
mozz
Reactions:

Somehow, they send you a check. It will actually clear your bank. Then after a while the bank will find out the check did not actually clear and come after you for the money. If your bank clears the check, it should be on them if somehow later it fails. I guess middlemen have no liability?
AGF refugee
BatUtilityBelt
Reactions:

I'm glad we can currently laugh at ridiculous scams. Unfortunately, they are bound to become sophisticated with advances in AI. Not looking forward to those days at all!
bc rich
Reactions:

Vinnie is that you?

083cd55f26e7f0cb17087776bbf5d736--kiss-mark-band-kiss.jpg
andrewsrea
Reactions:
Gearlist: 28 Guitars: (2) basses, (2) acoustics, (3) hollow bodies, (3) Semi hollow, (1) Double-neck, (17) Solid-bodies

Believe or not, a sign of a stressed, hard-times economy. The grift comes out of the woodwork.

I fell for a scam when I was young and dumb (as compared to now - old and dumb), where I won an exclusive $4K trip to the Bahamas. However, I was required to pay the federal tax in advance (around $300, which was bank back then) for them to send me the tickets. It was very elaborate. They made reservations in my name and the hotel was actually calling me, etc. Luckily, i had absolutely no money and paid with my credit card. The tickets arrive, i notice they were the correct date, but stamped expired. I called the phone number and they said they were busy with another customer and would call back and promptly disconnected the line. I was out $50 and the credit card fraud department sucked up the rest.

That was a lesson for life!
Live life to the fullest! - Rob
Rollin Hand
Reactions:

Tonray's Ghost wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 7:43 pm
I wonder if he's related to Vin Diesel ?
Or John Mayer!
"I'm not a sore loser. It's just that I prefer to win, and when I don't, I get furious."
- Ron Swanson