Hurricane is everyone battened down?

Post All Your Unrelated Stuff Here.
MichaelR
Reactions:

Living in Az drought is the worry but I know a hurricane is possibly gonna hit Florida. I hope no one is in the line of fire and if so then I hope your prepared.
mickey
Reactions:

MichaelR wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 12:32 am Living in Az drought is the worry but I know a hurricane is possibly gonna hit Florida. I hope no one is in the line of fire and if so then I hope your prepared.
Uh, no. Not done anything here. But I am in the Central Timezone part of Florida & if IAN (roughly) follows the forecast path it might or might not cause a bit of rain here.
It does appear to be a serious issue for @Tonebender however.
Gandalf the Intonationer
peskypesky
Reactions:

I heard a report that DeSantis is planning to send Ian to Martha's Vineyard.
Banned by Momo
mickey
Reactions:

peskypesky wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 4:22 am I heard a report that DeSantis is planning to send Ian to Martha's Vineyard.

Don't really want to get political but a lot of people here in Floriduh were honestly shocked that the child of immigrants would pull a stunt like that. :shock:
Gandalf the Intonationer
Buddha Pickups
Reactions:

peskypesky wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 4:22 am I heard a report that DeSantis is planning to send Ian to Martha's Vineyard.
In all fairness, the example was already set by someone else. :)
Buddha Pickups
Reactions:

mickey wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 4:29 am

Don't really want to get political but a lot of people here in Floriduh were honestly shocked that the child of immigrants would pull a stunt like that. :shock:
It was a test of hypocrisy...
tonebender
Reactions:
Gearlist: Fav: Gibson LP and Gibson Goldtone Amp. Other gear: Gretsch, Peavey, Taylor and more.

Well yesterday it was headed right for my house but today the predicted path is more favorable for my neighborhood. We will still get a lot of wind and rain. It now looks like it will come ashore well south (150 miles) of us but that could change. I am at an elevation about as high as it gets in Florida, el. 440 ft. There has been a lot of rain lately and the lower elevations are saturated. This storm is predicted to slow down and spend a lot of time on land grinding away. The wet soils and high winds will result in a kazillion trees falling on whatever is in the way. It will also cause much flooding. @Floridian FX will probably get it worse than me.
"Will follow through with a transaction when the terms are agreed upon" almightybunghole
Floridian FX
Reactions:

uwmcscott
Reactions:
Gearlist: A few LP's, a Strat, a Tele and a few acoustics.

Best of luck and some AGF anti-hurricane mojo to all that it will pass/weaken. My wife's family are all in the general Tampa area and watching things closely. Her grandmother is in the hospital related to a fall and now has covid too so leaving is not a current option.
AGF Survivor Champ Emeritus (Ask TVVoodoo )
MichaelR
Reactions:

Umm could you guys put out some buckets and send Az some water please =)
mickey
Reactions:

MichaelR wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 1:14 pm Umm could you guys put out some buckets and send Az some water please =)
It is difficult to deal with buckets when you are treading water. :D
Gandalf the Intonationer
PoodlesAgain
Reactions:

MichaelR wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 1:14 pm Umm could you guys put out some buckets and send Az some water please =)
Texas didn't give you any, last year?
The other farm cats didn’t super love him but the chickens thought he was alright so he became a chicken.
jtcnj
Reactions:

Be safe any in harms way.
Old AGF since Feb. 2015; refugee of the Great MOMO Purge of May 2020.
MichaelR
Reactions:

PoodlesAgain wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 1:39 pm
Texas didn't give you any, last year?
No most of your weather goes east however we have had a very good monsoon season after a nothing season last year.
Partscaster
Reactions:

Safe wishes to you folks.
"The man that hath no music in himself, nor is not moved with concord of sweet sounds, is fit for treasons, stratagems, and spoils. The motions of his spirit are dull as night, and his affections dark as Erebus. Let no such man be trusted."
peskypesky
Reactions:

We need some in San Antonio desperately. I think I've gotten about 1.5" of rain so far this year. Even the trees are starting to die.
Banned by Momo
Buddha Pickups
Reactions:

My train leaving Friday night from VA headed to FL arriving Saturday late morning was just canceled.
mickey
Reactions:

Just got an email from Bank of America telling me how much they want to help me recover from hurricane IAN. Yeah, right.
Gandalf the Intonationer
PoodlesAgain
Reactions:

mickey wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 9:31 am Just got an email from Bank of America telling me how much they want to help me recover from hurricane IAN. Yeah, right.
I thought you loved BoA...?
(as an aside, it is interesting to know how BoA was started and what it does now...LOL)

Anyway, I just read an intelligent post online explaining why/how so many decide to stay put. They do not have any means to do so. I remember an NPR interview the morning of Katrina (oddly, in my tent, camping in VT), a teacher, giving money to folks so they could get out.
The other farm cats didn’t super love him but the chickens thought he was alright so he became a chicken.
SamIV
Reactions:

I rode out Ida last year and my bother lives near Tampa and is riding out this one with his wife, kids, and grand kids. Seems to run in the family. Wish all in its path good luck.
mickey
Reactions:

PoodlesAgain wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 9:43 am
mickey wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 9:31 am Just got an email from Bank of America telling me how much they want to help me recover from hurricane IAN. Yeah, right.
I thought you loved BoA...?
(as an aside, it is interesting to know how BoA was started and what it does now...LOL)

Anyway, I just read an intelligent post online explaining why/how so many decide to stay put. They do not have any means to do so. I remember an NPR interview the morning of Katrina (oddly, in my tent, camping in VT), a teacher, giving money to folks so they could get out.
I never said I loved BoA, merely they are the best I've ever used for Visa/Mastercard.
I assume their desire to "help" is cause by increasing interest rates. :roll:
Gandalf the Intonationer
Partscaster
Reactions:

mickey wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 11:35 am
PoodlesAgain wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 9:43 am

I assume their desire to "help" is cause by increasing interest rates. :roll:
Interest profits are amongst the least they can endure while posing such societal benevolence. They'll also get to use the protectoral facade in court, the next time they are caught in a multi-billion white collar market fraud.
"The man that hath no music in himself, nor is not moved with concord of sweet sounds, is fit for treasons, stratagems, and spoils. The motions of his spirit are dull as night, and his affections dark as Erebus. Let no such man be trusted."
Tonray's Ghost
Reactions:

We're in line for the Typhoon that just hit Vietnam. Just more rain as it's already rainy season. The big worry is the release of water from the dams up north, uncontrolled it caused massive flooding 8n this area in 2011 and reservoirs are already to the brim. Trading the Suzuki in for a ksyak
Partscaster
Reactions:

Tonray's Ghost wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 12:12 pm We're in line for the Typhoon that just hit Vietnam. Just more rain as it's already rainy season. The big worry is the release of water from the dams up north, uncontrolled it caused massive flooding 8n this area in 2011 and reservoirs are already to the brim. Trading the Suzuki in for a ksyak
Hoping you live on a second floor, Tonray.
mighty_duck
Reactions:

Sending AGF Mojo to all West Floridians, and here's a virtual bucket: