Judith Durham R.I.P.

Post All Your Unrelated Stuff Here.
mickey
Reactions:

Judith Durham, 1/4 of my favorite band/group of the 1960's ( The Seekers) passed away today.
Websites down under are reporting she died of C.O.P.D. so I guess she must have been a smoker?

Gandalf the Intonationer
Partscaster
Reactions:

Great voice and style.
RIP Judith.
"The man that hath no music in himself, nor is not moved with concord of sweet sounds, is fit for treasons, stratagems, and spoils. The motions of his spirit are dull as night, and his affections dark as Erebus. Let no such man be trusted."
peskypesky
Reactions:

what a gorgeous voice
Banned by Momo
toomanycats
Reactions:

What a fantastic video. So revealing how the bass player says, "Let's make this the one." This was a time when capturing an authentic live studio performance meant something, and minimal or zero post-production was assumed or even desired. I love the ideal of capturing the magic of a particular moment.

Regarding the bass player, with those dark rimmed glasses he has such a similar look to Hank Marvin of the Shadows. It makes me wonder, was this an image that many people were adopting at the time, and was it an homage to Buddy Holly?

If I heard that song on the radio and had to guess who it was I'd have said "Spanky and Our Gang." It has that similar mid to late 60s sunshine pop sound, though it seems more true to it's folky roots.

I put a happy face response. Obviously, not because I'm happy that Judith has died, but because listening to her lovely voice made me happy this morning.
“There are only two means of refuge from the miseries of life: Music and Cats!” Albert Schweitzer
mickey
Reactions:

toomanycats wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 7:02 am What a fantastic video. So revealing how the bass player says, "Let's make this the one." This was a time when capturing an authentic live studio performance meant something, and minimal or zero post-production was assumed or even desired. I love the ideal of capturing the magic of a particular moment.

Regarding the bass player, with those dark rimmed glasses he has such a similar look to Hank Marvin of the Shadows. It makes me wonder, was this an image that many people were adopting at the time, and was it an homage to Buddy Holly?

If I heard that song on the radio and had to guess who it was I'd have said "Spanky and Our Gang." It has that similar mid to late 60s sunshine pop sound, though it seems more true to it's folky roots.

I put a happy face response. Obviously, not because I'm happy that Judith has died, but because listening to her lovely voice made me happy this morning.
Re: the bass player, Athol still wears those sort of glasses except now they are either bifocals or trifocals. :D
Gandalf the Intonationer
pdcorlis
Reactions:

Beautiful voice. We are so lucky to have recordings that freeze these artists in their prime. BTW - I doubt this is from the actual recording, it looks more like a promo piece for the song - but what the heck, I’ll bet they recorded a live performance rather than multi-tracking parts.

Thanks Mickey for another treasure, now I’m off listen to more!
andrewsrea
Reactions:
Gearlist: 28 Guitars: (2) basses, (2) acoustics, (3) hollow bodies, (3) Semi hollow, (1) Double-neck, (17) Solid-bodies

Another great take from us. RIP, Judith.
Live life to the fullest! - Rob
OMB
Reactions:

I read she had a lung disease from childhood that was chronic and stayed with her. She never drank nor smoked from my understanding. What a beautiful voice and a good looking lady too!
Central Floriduh Ain't it Grand!