A Request Regarding The .COM Site

Post All Your Unrelated Stuff Here.
LightWingStudios
Site Admin
Reactions:

I'd like to ask ALL members here to consider...

1) STOP posting there completely. While we're all still smarting from the situation and I know this may indeed be hard to do, PLEASE STOP POSTING THERE. Let it collapse at the hands of the Hostile Takeover Charlatans.

2) DO LURK and keep us updated here in The Water Cooler of what ensues on shutdown date. etc. Dan F has already publicly stated that NO CONTENT posted after May 25, 2020 will be migrated to the MOFO site, so what is the point anymore?

"The hope STILL LIVES...THE WORK goes on...and THE DREAM SHALL NEVER DIE."

Let us live and work and build the dream of a NEW AGF.

Patrick
U.S. Manufacturer Of Musical Instrument Protection Accessories: AxeShield HD, AxeSak HD, AmpShield HD, KeyShield HD, PedalShield HD, MixShield HD, AxeGlove And AxeCap.

Visit Us At https://www.LightWingStudios.com

Email us at contact@LightWingStudios.com
Houblues
Reactions:

Become Momo Bored.....
Cyphre
Reactions:

👍
Ø
fatjack
Reactions:

Sounds like a plan. While Felix,Big Pig Dave, HBowner, Digger and others were before my time they are part of our community folklore and history, so lets keep remembering them. I don't have the talent or space to mod my gear but I love the threads on them so good work for the modders.recording I'll leave to Narsh,Cats and others who slay at it. I will continue general smart-assery and probably re review my gear because that might help get traffic in. Hey it's what I can do.
Bubba Zanetti
Reactions:
Gearlist: Let's talk about my Eko's...

fatjack wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 9:45 am Sounds like a plan. While Felix,Big Pig Dave, HBowner, Digger and others were before my time they are part of our community folklore and history, so lets keep remembering them. I don't have the talent or space to mod my gear but I love the threads on them so good work for the modders.recording I'll leave to Narsh,Cats and others who slay at it. I will continue general smart-assery and probably re review my gear because that might help get traffic in. Hey it's what I can do.
What I wouldn’t give to have Hbowner back...his broken English-Swedish translation sound bites were some of the best and funniest things I’ve ever read on AGF. He’s solely responsible for several AGF-isms people use here to this day.
In the Midnight Hour she Cried MoMoMo
JeffBeck
Reactions:

No problem. I'm more than done with them.
Bubba Zanetti
Reactions:

JeffBeck wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 10:25 am No problem. I'm more than done with them.
As we can’t access .com, I agree, but it’s still interesting to keep tabs from afar on MoFo.
NickintheStates
Reactions:

Someone should reach out to hbowner, have him wash his hands from all the BBQ and babes and bless this new vessel like a bottle of champagne on the bow.
Bubba Zanetti
Reactions:

NickintheStates wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 10:28 am Someone should reach out to hbowner, have him wash his hands from all the BBQ and babes and bless this new vessel like a bottle of champagne on the bow.
AAAAAAGGGHHHH!
mickey
Reactions:

NickintheStates wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 10:28 am Someone should reach out to hbowner, have him wash his hands from all the BBQ and babes and bless this new vessel like a bottle of champagne on the bow.

I doubt if anyone knows how to reach out to him.
He left the building back before JeffC sold out to Tom
Gandalf the Intonationer
Bubba Zanetti
Reactions:

mickey wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 10:32 am

I doubt if anyone knows how to reach out to him.
He left the building back before JeffC sold out to Tom
Correct...he changed his username to “Vesa” for awhile, posted a few times on that, then he deleted his account and never came back. I’m sure he’s in his Swedish basement, not intonationating, eating barbecued chicken, playing his Harley Bentons and dreaming of babes and BBQ’s on a Mediterranean beach. Sigh.
JeffBeck
Reactions:

Bubba Zanetti wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 10:27 am
JeffBeck wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 10:25 am No problem. I'm more than done with them.
As we can’t access .com, I agree, but it’s still interesting to keep tabs from afar on MoFo.
I've been able to get in for some reason. I was in there yesterday just saving a few things out here and there. For some reason my name is no longer "struck thru" and my post count shows up again.
Spike
Reactions:

Well, since I was "banned" for asking to be removed from the .com site, it won't be a problem for me. Towards the end, most of the new content from the family was bashing MTom and the new guy.

By the way, I wanted to say thank you to [mention]lightwingstudios[/mention] and the rest of the start-up team for saving our little peaceful home on the interweb!
To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift
Steve Prefontaine
JeffBeck
Reactions:

Bubba Zanetti wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 10:37 am
Correct...he changed his username to “Vesa” for awhile, posted a few times on that, then he deleted his account and never came back. I’m sure he’s in his Swedish basement, not intonationating, eating barbecued chicken, playing his Harley Bentons and dreaming of babes and BBQ’s on a Mediterranean beach. Sigh.
I was trying my best to remember his second username last night! Thanks!

That guy...I never knew if I should feel bad about laughing at him or not.
Bubba Zanetti
Reactions:

JeffBeck wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 10:39 am
Bubba Zanetti wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 10:37 am
I was trying my best to remember his second username last night! Thanks!

That guy...I never knew if I should feel bad about laughing at him or not.
No prob. At first I was confused by him, but I saw an ironic, mad genius in his posts. His love of girls and BBQ’s was really funny, his advice on buying good, inexpensive guitars so you can have more money for girls and BBQ’s wasn’t wrong, but his advice on intonation, well, I don’t know 😝
mickey
Reactions:

Bubba Zanetti wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 10:44 am

No prob. At first I was confused by him, but I saw an ironic, mad genius in his posts. His love of girls and BBQ’s was really funny, his advice on buying good, inexpensive guitars so you can have more money for girls and BBQ’s wasn’t wrong, but his advice on intonation, well, I don’t know 😝
He singled me out by calling me an Intonationer. Which TVvoodoo added Gandalf to after seeing a pic JeffBeck took of Jeff & I.
Gandalf the Intonationer
Bubba Zanetti
Reactions:

mickey wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 10:52 am
Bubba Zanetti wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 10:44 am

He singled me out by calling me an Intonationer. Which TVvoodoo added Gandalf to after seeing a pic JeffBeck took of Jeff & I.
Yes he did! You became the Intonationer, I remember that. Also, his most enduring AGF legacy has to be the brilliant term “Sellery”, which is used all the time.
MichaelR
Reactions:

I haven't posted there since .net opened up. Actually I have been pretty silent for quite some time due to life issues dominating my time but I do lurk here quite often.
fullonshred
Reactions:

I always figured Hbowner as an offspring of one of our creative regular board members. I am pretty sure we had a few of that type "created" member through the years. Never bothered me, I just enjoyed him and figured if he was a creation of.... hmmmm....... whoever, he was good fun and that has always been a big part of the Charm of AGF.
honyock
Reactions:

fullonshred wrote:I always figured Hbowner as an offspring of one of our creative regular board members. I am pretty sure we had a few of that type "created" member through the years. Never bothered me, I just enjoyed him and figured if he was a creation of.... hmmmm....... whoever, he was good fun and that has always been a big part of the Charm of AGF.
he always seemed like a AI generated construct, though maybe it was just a case of "lost in translation"

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

10 years, 2 months, and 8 days of blissful ignorance ruined by that snake in the grass Major Tom.
fullonshred
Reactions:

honyock wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 1:31 pm
fullonshred wrote:I always figured Hbowner as an offspring of one of our creative regular board members. I am pretty sure we had a few of that type "created" member through the years. Never bothered me, I just enjoyed him and figured if he was a creation of.... hmmmm....... whoever, he was good fun and that has always been a big part of the Charm of AGF.
he always seemed like a AI generated construct, though maybe it was just a case of "lost in translation"

He may have been, but pretty advanced if so. I have my short list of AGF suspects in his "creation" but no point in listing them. Where is the fun in that? : )

On a basketball board I frequent I am nearly 100% sure there has been at least one AI member. The language use is proper, but so stilted as to draw attention. Pretty sure this "bot" has undergone several name changes as the patterns of language use are unmistakable. Several of the name changes came after I commented that they seemed to be a google bot of some type.
mickey
Reactions:

HBowner's IP address was in Sweden and one of our members had a PM conversation with him in Swedish (two guesses who.)
Gandalf the Intonationer
fullonshred
Reactions:

mickey wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 3:07 pm HBowner's IP address was in Sweden and one of our members had a PM conversation with him in Swedish (two guesses who.)
IP address is no trouble. I could do that part in 2 minutes. Conversation in Swedish much more difficult to pull off. :D
Inforobinhood
Reactions:

Can i ask a question? What happened over there? I was gone for a couple of months and come back to a sinking ship and emails inviting me to an app? Ive been on Agf for years and am wondering what happened to our little bastion of affordable guitars, mods, sweet deals, and camaraderie.
honyock
Reactions:

Inforobinhood wrote:Can i ask a question? What happened over there? I was gone for a couple of months and come back to a sinking ship and emails inviting me to an app? Ive been on Agf for years and am wondering what happened to our little bastion of affordable guitars, mods, sweet deals, and camaraderie.
read the threads by Major Tom being a sellout and Dan F of Momoboard.com taking over stewardship and migrating all our data to a new site with a horrible user interface and very likely to be spyware app as the only effective means to use the forum.

It will be much easier than trying to explain here.

10 years, 2 months, and 8 days of blissful ignorance ruined by that snake in the grass Major Tom.