AGF Momo Board Is Private Now? Did I get the ban hammer?

Post All Your Unrelated Stuff Here.
RockYoWorld
Reactions:

Every couple days, I check back on the AGF Momo forum to see how dead it is, which gives me some satisfaction. However, this morning, when I tried to get on it, I got the following message:
his board is private for now, we'll let you know when it opens up! Stay tuned! :-) If you'd like to be notified, please send us a note to support@momoboard.com

This is a private board. Please enter board password to join
I'm not sure if I was banned or if they moved the entire board private, requiring you to rejoin. My account is still active on Momo, along with my name and email. I requested to be deleted, but much like everyone else, haven't yet.
If I had something witty to say, I'd put it here.
Bubba Zanetti
Reactions:
Gearlist: Let's talk about my Eko's...

I can’t even get on MoMo with my original AGF credentials. I can access MoMo through a dummy account, which I use to check out the tumbleweeds and despair.
In the Midnight Hour she Cried MoMoMo
tobijohn
Reactions:

No, they locked it up a couple days ago...
Delightful mix of insolence, arrogance and narcissism
Republican moderate trapped in a heavy metal chassis
Growing up, only kid in the neighborhood with an Uncle Ahkbar
honyock
Reactions:

I was dismissed from the boards. but all my content is still showing. Seems desktop mode is working on mobile now...Sent another request for my account and my data to be removed from AGF de MOMO as I did not receive a confirmation email (did check my spam as well)

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

10 years, 2 months, and 8 days of blissful ignorance ruined by that snake in the grass Major Tom.
Chocol8
Reactions:

They could keep up with the cleanup efforts so they locked it down. Don’t know if they have given up, or if they are waiting for us to forget about them and try to restart.

They also seem to have relaxed the policing of the old board, so they may be throwing in the towel.
JeffBeck
Reactions:

I wonder how long the old board will remain? I expect it to be gone any day now.
Bubba Zanetti
Reactions:
Gearlist: Let's talk about my Eko's...

JeffBeck wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 12:05 pm I wonder how long the old board will remain? I expect it to be gone any day now.
I’m guessing it’s imminent. I went in last night and saved the last things I wanted to save: NGD pics, PM’s, my first NGD thread and the epic Air Supply Band of the Day thread.
In the Midnight Hour she Cried MoMoMo
howardlo65
Reactions:
Gearlist: Too many to list!

I see that after requesting to be removed from the MoMo site that I am now banned from the old AGF site but still seem to be active on the new MoMo site. Evidently not yet removed from there. That new site still works as far as I can see. Just went there to see if I had been removed yet, but guess not.
Another Agile Guitar Forum refugee

If only my playing level reflected my 60+ years of playing!
Spike
Reactions:

First ever forum I was ever banned from. Maj Tom must have taken offense to my post this morning. Ah well. All for the better.
To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift
Steve Prefontaine
mighty_duck
Reactions:

MOMO is still up.
otisblove even posted an NGD thread... He's already registered here.
aullucci
Reactions:

mighty_duck wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 1:53 pm MOMO is still up.
otisblove even posted an NGD thread... He's already registered here.
I just checked in quick, thay havent processed my delete request. Otis' NGD thread is the only thread started between 5/24 and today. They deleted all the other threads, and it looks like they deleted tons of comments off the threads that stuck around.
RockYoWorld
Reactions:

Well, I'm banned from the .COM AGF now (wasn't this morning). I just realized that I'd probably want a record of the specs of the pickups Tim made me were... Oh well.
toomanycats
Reactions:

I'm hoping this will expedite my ban from the old AGF.

“There are only two means of refuge from the miseries of life: Music and Cats!” Albert Schweitzer
jam
Reactions:

toomanycats wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 3:29 pm I'm hoping this will expedite my ban from the old AGF.

That was awesome!
JimyTheAssassin
Reactions:

They are definitely active in thinning the heard. Members listed at over 13k earlier. The number is now just over 12k.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
AGF refugee11/30/08-5/28/20 (8,502 posts)
Chocol8
Reactions:

JimyTheAssassin wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 11:23 pm They are definitely active in thinning the heard. Members listed at over 13k earlier. The number is now just over 12k.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Do you think 1000 people asked for their accounts to be deleted? We didn’t have anywhere near that many active posters and I would be surprised if the zombie account holders bothered to say anything. Weird.
msc_
Reactions:

Many accounts, from what I can tell, were just people using the PM system for who knows what. Every now and then I would look at the members online and there would be tons of folks that have never posted engaged in conversation.
RockYoWorld
Reactions:

msc_ wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 11:37 pm Many accounts, from what I can tell, were just people using the PM system for who knows what. Every now and then I would look at the members online and there would be tons of folks that have never posted engaged in conversation.
That's very odd... It would be interesting if people in countries with suppressed free speech like America... I mean China or Venezuela... would use random forums' private messaging as a method to communicate.
Chocol8
Reactions:

RockYoWorld wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 11:43 pm
msc_ wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 11:37 pm Many accounts, from what I can tell, were just people using the PM system for who knows what. Every now and then I would look at the members online and there would be tons of folks that have never posted engaged in conversation.
That's very odd... It would be interesting if people in countries with suppressed free speech like America... I mean China or Venezuela... would use random forums' private messaging as a method to communicate.
Likely that and or criminal activity.