Dunlop JazzIII

Post All Your Unrelated Stuff Here.
RiverDog
Reactions:

mikesr1963 wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 12:43 am V-Picks are the finest playing picks on the planet. I actually use a lot of different types of picks and when I can go back to a V-pick it's just better. I'm not trying to convince you, merely stating a fact.

image.png

image.png
+1! Love my Vpicks
Aaron
---------------
"What is perfect pitch?"
"Perfect pitch is when you toss a banjo into the dumpster, it hits an accordion and they both break."
t100d
Reactions:
Gearlist: '62 Guild T100D Slim Jim
'76 Ibanez 2405 Custom Agent
2004 Ibanez SA220EX
2009 Douglas WNO 630
2019 Peavey JF1
2021 Indio Retro Tele

'70 Gianninni Craviola

Córdoba Mini II EB-CE
Aria A542F
Takamine TC132SC
Rivera BC-394C

'70's Hohner PJ fretless bass
'84 Ibanez Roadstar II bass w/ SX Ursa neck

YouRock Midi guitar

Fender Acoustasonic 40
Fender Mustang III
Vox DA5
Monoprice 40W SS w/ 10" speaker

ID10t wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 8:11 pm
t100d wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 8:04 pm Dunlop Big Stubbies for me—I carry all three, Red, Purple and Dark Purple. Sometimes I'll even switch in the middle of a tune, or even a solo. I stick Monster Grips on both sides, and often sharpen or re-shape the pointy end—big difference, especially on the 3mm …
When I was a kid starting out in the late 1940's (!!!) my Dad and I used real tortoise shell—oops!
Thank you for the validation. I have a foam sanding block in the room that I grind down my nails with and sometimes run a pick over it to clean up the edges.
You reminded me—when my father passed away about 15 years ago, I had to go over to UK to take care of everything—one of the last things I noticed as I locked up on house for the last time was a row of grooves in the brickwork by the front door—we spent many a happy Saturday morning sharpening our guitar picks there!! Also, at one point I used to use the triangular pop-out centers from 45rpm records—after a few tunes, the top of the guitar would be covered in black powder!! :P :P
"Anyone who understands jazz knows that you can't understand it. It's too complicated. That's what's so simple about it."
mikesr1963
Reactions:

It's not the shape, it's the material they use and how it glides over a strings.
brentona wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 7:34 am
mikesr1963 wrote:V-Picks are the finest playing picks on the planet. I actually use a lot of different types of picks and when I can go back to a V-pick it's just better. I'm not trying to convince you, merely stating a fact.

image.png

image.png
The Vpick Chicken and Furo in that case look enticing!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk