21%
Need the $ - in sell mode :(
14%
Holding tight and enjoying what I have!
64%

Total votes: 14
peskypesky
Reactions:

jtcnj wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 8:49 am Playing a guitar I haven't picked up for some time has a bit of that NGD vibe.
This.

I have so many freaking guitars that I'm regularly coming across ones that I forgot I had. And it is almost like a NGD to play them.
Banned by Momo
Flatline
Reactions:

mickey wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 1:50 pm
peskypesky wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 1:42 pm
Flatline wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 1:56 pm I couldn't say no to one of these new for nearly 50% off.

Will be here Thursday.
what model is that?

Makes me think about converting my Tele to SSS or HSS.
The pic looks like a "Nashville Tele."
It is the Fender Player Plus Nashville Telecaster in 3-color sunburst.

https://www.fender.com/en-US/electric-g ... 42300.html

It arrived today. NGD post to come in a couple days once I get more time. I've only had time to unbox it and check for issues. I won't have time to play much or do a full setup for a couple days. First impressions are good though.

No damage or defects out of the box that I found during an intial once over. Amazon actually double boxed it. Arrived in a big box with the Fender box inside and the guitar was inside the padded gig bag. Most guitars I've received are usually in the manufacturer box and nothing else.

Out of the box the setup is just okay. I need to lower the action and tighten the truss rod a little bit but I'm going to give it a few days/week to settle and aclimate before doing much. The switch tip was falling off so I wrapped some electrical tape around the switch post and pushed the tip back on and now it is nice and tight. There is some excess clear coat finish on some of the frets, but I'll take care of that at next string change and give all the frets a good polishing. The B string tuner button was covered in something sticky. I had to clean it off. No sharp fret ends. The nut is nicely cut and doesn't need any filing. The electronics work as they should.

Overall fit and finish is on par with my American Performer strat. I like the neck shape and satin finish quite a bit. Once I get time to sit down and do a full setup and tweak to my preferences this thing will be fantastic. I really like the tummy cut. It makes it sit nicely on my lap.
tonebender
Reactions:
Gearlist: Fav: Gibson LP and Gibson Goldtone Amp. Other gear: Gretsch, Peavey, Taylor and more.

We used to buy, sell and trade a lot here back in the day. Does that still occur? Admittedly I am not here much and when I am I just look at a few Active topics and I'm out.

@andrewsrea Yes Foridian FX pedals are the best! @Buddha Pickups are the best! @devdem amp covers are the best! Well-Hung straps rock too! Is he here?
"Will follow through with a transaction when the terms are agreed upon" almightybunghole
uwmcscott
Reactions:
Gearlist: A few LP's, a Strat, a Tele and a few acoustics.

tonebender wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 9:58 pm We used to buy, sell and trade a lot here back in the day. Does that still occur? Admittedly I am not here much and when I am I just look at a few Active topics and I'm out.

@andrewsrea Yes Foridian FX pedals are the best! @Buddha Pickups are the best! @devdem amp covers are the best! Well-Hung straps rock too! Is he here?
I too remember the days of a pretty active buy/sell/trade forum here. You and I made several exchanges as you mentioned in your previous post and I still have that 1992 P90 studio that went back and forth between us. I also still have some @Buddha Pickups ( p90's ) in my goldtop and one of @Floridian FX creations. And then there was that old Agile 3200 custom that got passed around to at least 4 or 5 AGF members.
AGF Survivor Champ Emeritus (Ask TVVoodoo )
andrewsrea
Reactions:
Gearlist: 28 Guitars: (2) basses, (2) acoustics, (3) hollow bodies, (3) Semi hollow, (1) Double-neck, (17) Solid-bodies

jtcnj wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 8:49 am I'm not really thinking in terms of current market.
I have at least one to sell, got a few recently. I'm not really GASsing for anything right now.
I have a mostly non-redundant stable of different types; I enjoy the variety.
Playing a guitar I haven't picked up for some time has a bit of that NGD vibe.
You bring a great topic of gear, which is variety vs. redundancy!

I still have guitars that may look and feel a little different but cover the same ground functionally, from my giging band days. I'd go through phases of playing a certain tone/type guitar and have a back-up on stage. My 1992 PRS CE24, Epiphone Wilshire Custom and my AMI Special are very close in tone. My AMI LP, 2003 PRS McCarty and Davison SG - very close. And my 1996 American Standard Strat, plus my 2016 Squire Strat (both with my MAMI Billy-B pickups). My 2016 Gibson Firebird, SX SJM-62 and Agile 2500 (all with FB pickups) are very much alike.

All the others are variety, as you stated. I could get rid of the redundant, but just have no reason to at this time. Plus, I resist panic selling in a recession.
Live life to the fullest! - Rob
MichaelR
Reactions:

peskypesky wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 1:42 pm
Flatline wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 1:56 pm I couldn't say no to one of these new for nearly 50% off.

Will be here Thursday.
what model is that?

Makes me think about converting my Tele to SSS or HSS.
I'm big on hss myself, you can single coil the Humbucker if you want, mostly I like the power of the humbucker or humbucker along with the middle pup. It really depends on the the style and tone also but the hss seems just a more versatile to me. I know people that really don't like humbuckers period and those in the other camp so there's that, I fall in the middle.
peskypesky
Reactions:

MichaelR wrote: Wed Oct 19, 2022 5:21 pm Makes me think about converting my Tele to SSS or HSS.
I'm big on hss myself, you can single coil the Humbucker if you want, mostly I like the power of the humbucker or humbucker along with the middle pup. It really depends on the the style and tone also but the hss seems just a more versatile to me. I know people that really don't like humbuckers period and those in the other camp so there's that, I fall in the middle.
[/quote]

I can play with either single-coils or humbuckers, and always have. I do have a preference for a humbucker in the bridge position, and a single-coil in the neck, but I can make anything work.
Banned by Momo