What Else Do You Do?

Post All Your Unrelated Stuff Here.
JeffBeck
Reactions:

I dabble in watercolor. One of these days I'll figure it out. Haven't painted a damn thing since being stuck at home.
IMG_2078.jpg
IMG_1714.jpg
IMG_2056.jpg
IMG_2164.jpg
IMG_2141.jpg
Blackened
Reactions:

Wow, your watercolors are really great Jeff. I'd love to be a better artist, but don't have the patience to practice and get good at it. No Idea how I managed to learn guitar.
Blackened
Reactions:

For me I'm into guns and motorcycles.

My collections aren't huge but I love to ride and I love to shoot. There is something about ringing a gong 150 yards away that is just plain fun.

I'm not particularly great at either but I enjoy the hell out of them none the less.

I've got a 2002 VFR, a 2013 Victory Vegas 8 Ball and a Vulcan 800 that is primarily the wife's, but I occasionally ride for a change. I had a Magna that was bobbed before that but reluctantly sold it a year or two ago. My little collection:

2002 VFR
image.png
2013 Victory Vegas:
VIC.jpg
1998 Vulcan
VULCAN.jpg
1996 Honda Magna (Gone)
image.png
JeffBeck
Reactions:

Blackened wrote:Wow, your watercolors are really great Jeff. I'd love to be a better artist, but don't have the patience to practice and get good at it. No Idea how I managed to learn guitar.
Thanks, man. I really should get back to it. Conversely- I still haven’t learned to play guitar!

I also enjoy shooting. No real collection of guns, though. I do hunt with a .308 that will certainly reach out a bit!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
brentona
Reactions:

Blackened wrote:For me I'm into guns and motorcycles.

My collections aren't huge but I love to ride and I love to shoot. There is something about ringing a gong 150 yards away that is just plain fun.

I'm not particularly great at either but I enjoy the hell out of them none the less.

I've got a 2002 VFR, a 2013 Victory Vegas 8 Ball and a Vulcan 800 that is primarily the wife's, but I occasionally ride for a change. I had a Magna that was bobbed before that but reluctantly sold it a year or two ago. My little collection:

2002 VFR
image.png
2013 Victory Vegas:
VIC.jpg
1998 Vulcan
VULCAN.jpg
1996 Honda Magna (Gone)
image.png
Those are some sweeeet bikes man!!

Guns are a big part of my life! It’s not necessarily a good time to be pro gun as you are instantly labeled something. But. I do have many!!

This is typically always in my pocket.

Cooler weather and bulkier clothing afford this one to be carried.

LeftyLife
brentona
Reactions:

JeffBeck wrote:
Blackened wrote:Wow, your watercolors are really great Jeff. I'd love to be a better artist, but don't have the patience to practice and get good at it. No Idea how I managed to learn guitar.
Thanks, man. I really should get back to it. Conversely- I still haven’t learned to play guitar!

I also enjoy shooting. No real collection of guns, though. I do hunt with a .308 that will certainly reach out a bit!

.308 is a great game stopper!! This is one of my many meat getters -

LeftyLife
Blackened
Reactions:

I'm not much of a hunter (Total respect for those that can) I just like to target shoot with friends. It's fun to compete for number of hits, closest to mark, I also love doing timed blind mag drops where a random number of rounds are placed in three mags. Your score is based on the length of time it took to get through all three mags and the number of hits on the targets. I guess I'm considered a "hobbyist". I'd love to do three-gun competition shooting but I can't find anyplace nearby that does it. We did just stumble across a place about 20 minutes from here that is open to the public and does clay shooting. I think we might give that a go...

I've got a few:
image.png
The lever action on the bottom left is a 1925 Winchester Model94 It pretty good shape. Not shown is our Springfield XD9-SC, Winchester model 70 .243 (It was my father in-law's deer hunting rifle) and an old Springfield 1922 M1 training rifle:
image.png
That one has a pretty cool story behind it. I can't verify it because it was handed down through the generations with the rifle itself. If it's true though it's pretty cool:

A few years after WW1, My wife's grandfather was travelling via train and was walking through Penn Station in NYC. He came across a soldier who was short on money to get home and was selling is rifle to get the last few dollars he needed. Her grandfather bought the rifle.

In NYC.
In Penn station.
In the open.

:shock:
Blackened
Reactions:

brentona wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 7:31 am

Guns are a big part of my life! It’s not necessarily a good time to be pro gun as you are instantly labeled something. But. I do have many!!

Thanks man, and nice hardware! I don't really like getting into the whole pro/anti thing about guns. Neither side is going to be convinced by the other. The way I see it, you don't punish people who follow the rules. I have over a dozen firearms and would never want to hurt another living creature. That shit would scar me for life if I did. I like collecting guns I think are interesting and I like to shoot them. I do have a CCW which gives the government far more background information than the average Joe that doesn't have one. I have no mental history and I have no criminal history. I can't even remember the last time I got a speeding ticket.

I remember when going to the shooting range for the first time with your dad was like a rite of passage. I think I just dated myself. :(
brentona
Reactions:

Blackened wrote:
brentona wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 7:31 am

Thanks man, and nice hardware! I don't really like getting into the whole pro/anti thing about guns. Neither side is going to be convinced by the other. The way I see it, you don't punish people who follow the rules. I have over a dozen firearms and would never want to hurt another living creature. That shit would scar me for life if I did. I like collecting guns I think are interesting and I like to shoot them. I do have a CCW which gives the government far more background information than the average Joe that doesn't have one. I have no mental history and I have no criminal history. I can't even remember the last time I got a speeding ticket.

I remember when going to the shooting range for the first time with your dad was like a rite of passage. I think I just dated myself. :(
Haha exactly! And a note on the clay shooting! That one of our favorite things to do. I took my wife to the skeet club I belonged to when I lived in MD as our first date. It’s a ton of a fun once you get the hang of it. It also happens to be my bird dogs favorite game in the backyard!!

Clays opens up a whole new reason to pick up new gear. I have used O/U’s SxS’s but always come back to my Benelli M2

LeftyLife
uglyvw
Reactions:

I seem to have a major problem in the hobby area. I have way too many hobbies and not enough time to dedicate. Besides guitar playing, building, and modding, I'm a gearhead, mostly old Volkswagens, but just about anything with an engine fascinates me. I design houses, custom woodwork, conference tables, etc. I also build a good bit of wood projects, have several guns that I like to shoot, like sporting clays. I like art, and do some painting and carving. My son is in scouts, so now we do more camping and hiking. I always seem to have several projects going on.
Attachments
IMAG1605.jpg
20170908_184359.jpg
20190225_231303.jpg
dogs.jpg
Blackened
Reactions:

Wow man, some really talented people here on AGF. Impressive.
dabbler
Reactions:

Blackened wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 2:31 pm Wow man, some really talented people here on AGF. Impressive.
Yeah, makes me feel kinda inadequate hanging out here with you guys! :oops:

;)
Razzle
Reactions:
Gearlist: 2010 AL-2000 Goldtop Floyd
2013 AL-3200 Purple Quilt Floyd semi-custom
2017 AL-3100mcc Lemonburst Quilt Floyd

Well I work on what will be the rocket to land a man on Mars, and I am Blessed that I am able to stay employed working at home through the Wu Flu...

My hobbies and what I spend most of my spare time on is (you know)...

And I am divorced so I try to spend as much time as I can with my two sons (at home currently) and putting them through college...

I used to have a passion for my car but can't seem to find much time for it these days...

And my favoritist time of year is for one of my true passions, which I am very nervous about this year...
Blackened
Reactions:

Daaaaang Razz... Nice guitar setup you've got going there!!
KoniKat
Reactions:
Gearlist: A left-handed modified s101 strat.
A BlackStar Fly 3!

I like to build and customize mechanical keyboards.
I find it relaxing and calming when building keyboards and it's usually a good conversation starter whenever someone sees them.
Usually when I'm not playing my guitar, I'm just usually tinkering with my keyboard :)
Attachments
My current keyboard :)
My current keyboard :)
ฅ(≚ᄌ≚) ~Current axe: Lefty modified s101 strat~Random 22 year old intermediate guitar player ^w^~
~愛すヽただそれだけのことさえも~
(^・ω・^ )~Head is up in the clouds as usual~ฅ^•ﻌ•^ฅ
Spike
Reactions:

Wife and I are craft beer enthusiasts. We enjoy long weekend Beercations. We see some great scenery and enjoy some great beer!
To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift
Steve Prefontaine
Gergo
Reactions:

collection.jpg

I study Roman history and specialize in the in the era of the empire, from Nerva to Diocletian.

I also collect and sell rare out of print CD's (mostly Japanese mini LP cd's) of international rock, underground, prog rock, and psych bands. Here is about half of my personal collection.

I am also an amateur astronomer
My playing is always better after some good beer
Raindog
Reactions:

KoniKat wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:53 pm I like to build and customize mechanical keyboards.
I find it relaxing and calming when building keyboards and it's usually a good conversation starter whenever someone sees them.
Usually when I'm not playing my guitar, I'm just usually tinkering with my keyboard :)
That is pretty cool. Where do you get your parts?
brentona
Reactions:

Spike wrote:Wife and I are craft beer enthusiasts. We enjoy long weekend Beercations. We see some great scenery and enjoy some great beer!
Been to Asheville? Wicked Weed, Burial, and many more GREAT breweries

LeftyLife
redman
Reactions:
Gearlist: Gibson LP, Agile PS900, SX Tele, SX Strat, PRS SE Zach Myers Yamaha FGX830c, Yamaha LL16, Yamaha LL26, Eastman E10D, Tobias Bass, Squire CV 60's P Bass

TKStcyI[1].jpg
ko1o7c8[1].jpg
I collect pocketknives not the modern one hand openers but the old traditional type the kind your grandfather carried.
GOjvtb7[1].jpg
ulLZoEm[1].jpg
Attachments
fNiqzjm[1].jpg
KoniKat
Reactions:
A BlackStar Fly 3!

Raindog wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 5:46 am
That is pretty cool. Where do you get your parts?
I usually get my parts off sellers on reddit or visit online shops dedicated for keyboards such as novelkeys. Apparently it's a bigger hobby than I thought but it's pretty cool. There's something satisfying about typing on a keyboard made by you for you. :)
ฅ(≚ᄌ≚) ~Current axe: Lefty modified s101 strat~Random 22 year old intermediate guitar player ^w^~
~愛すヽただそれだけのことさえも~
MattFireblade
Reactions:

KoniKat wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:53 pm I like to build and customize mechanical keyboards.
MY PEOPLE!

KoniKat
Reactions:
A BlackStar Fly 3!

MattFireblade wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 1:51 pm
MY PEOPLE!

Awesome! :33 I'm loving them! :)
~愛すヽただそれだけのことさえも~
MattFireblade
Reactions:

KoniKat wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 2:00 pm Awesome! :33 I'm loving them! :)
Did you transfer from QWERTY to Dvorak? If so, how long did it take you to adapt your muscle memory?
KoniKat
Reactions:
A BlackStar Fly 3!

MattFireblade wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 2:04 pm
Did you transfer from QWERTY to Dvorak? If so, how long did it take you to adapt your muscle memory?
I did! It took me around a week and a half to get used to it and honestly, I like the change. I actually type slightly faster on Dvorak hahahaha!
~愛すヽただそれだけのことさえも~