Disappearing posts

Post All Your Unrelated Stuff Here.
tlarson58
Reactions:
Gearlist: A tele, a bass and a bunch of other stuff.

I have submitted two posts this month. Neither made it to the next morning. I'd give 'em a bump, they'd show up for a day only to disappear forever. This has happened three or four times this year.

Has anyone else had this issue? I'm beginning to think that someone doesn't like me. A month-old post will show up while mine are never seen at all. I'm not kidding myself that what I have to say is important but this forum is in need of some content and I'm trying to contribute.

I contacted the administrators with only a "dunno" answer.

It will be interesting if this sees the light of day.
360_F_63194277_Meq2JpUhT1yFKi2aiIu1JRwq8iTKCWcP.jpg
Tommy Larson
Steamboat Springs, CO
Tonray's Ghost
Reactions:

From the NSA Guitar Content Department:

"Dear Sir, we have collected your content and are in the process of analyzing it for potential links to GAS inducing that may or may not lead to an increase in global warming. If we do not find any apparent links, we may re-issue the content but some or all may be redacted depending on the threat to global security and made in USA vendor's P&L."

Uh oh...you're in the crosshairs
toomanycats
Reactions:

Okay, this is kinda freaking me out because I’ve been binge watching old Twilight Zone episodes, half of which involve people and things disappearing, dislocating, and dropping out of space and time. If this thread gets sucked into the Twilight Zone part of me will be going along with it by way of this comment.
“There are only two means of refuge from the miseries of life: Music and Cats!” Albert Schweitzer
LightWingStudios
Site Admin
Reactions:

I looked thru the logs and saw no issues but that doesn't mean there isn't one so just keep me posted.

Patrick
U.S. Manufacturer Of Musical Instrument Protection Accessories: AxeShield HD, AxeSak HD, AmpShield HD, KeyShield HD, PedalShield HD, MixShield HD, AxeGlove And AxeCap.

Visit Us At https://www.LightWingStudios.com

Email us at contact@LightWingStudios.com
tonebender
Reactions:
Gearlist: Fav: Gibson LP and Gibson Goldtone Amp. Other gear: Gretsch, Peavey, Taylor and more.

I have not noticed, but I have not created a thread lately.
"Will follow through with a transaction when the terms are agreed upon" almightybunghole
Tonray's Ghost
Reactions:

tonebender wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 5:56 pm I have not noticed, but I have not created a thread lately.
Conversely, if you start seeing threads appear that you have not yourself created, the AI has taken control
toomanycats
Reactions:

Tonray's Ghost wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 7:54 pm
tonebender wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 5:56 pm I have not noticed, but I have not created a thread lately.
Conversely, if you start seeing threads appear that you have not yourself created, the AI has taken control
Somebody is posting threads in my name pretending to be a disgruntled guitar hoarder who owns lots of cats, has wild delusions of persecution, and tells outrageous stories about deals he finds at pawn shops that apparently don’t have access to the internet. ;)
“There are only two means of refuge from the miseries of life: Music and Cats!” Albert Schweitzer
Tonray's Ghost
Reactions:

toomanycats wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 7:57 am
Tonray's Ghost wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 7:54 pm
Somebody is posting threads in my name pretending to be a disgruntled guitar hoarder who owns lots of cats, has wild delusions of persecution, and tells outrageous stories about deals he finds at pawn shops that apparently don’t have access to the internet. ;)
We all know the pawn shop visits are just a cover to look for good condition cat scratchers and kitty condos. You're not fooling anyone
toomanycats
Reactions:

tlarson58 wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 8:21 pm I have submitted two posts this month. Neither made it to the next morning. I'd give 'em a bump, they'd show up for a day only to disappear forever. This has happened three or four times this year.

Has anyone else had this issue? I'm beginning to think that someone doesn't like me. A month-old post will show up while mine are never seen at all. I'm not kidding myself that what I have to say is important but this forum is in need of some content and I'm trying to contribute.

For what it's worth, just the other day I was speaking with a transplant from Colorado who now resides here in North Carolina. I took the liberty of referencing "my online friend" who lives in Steamboat. Knowing something about you made me feel like I had some purchase on her point of origin. Your words and posts gave me that capacity of empathy. We talked about the impassable snow at the higher elevations, the hotel at which The Shining was filmed, and her eighteen year old son who plays Dungeons & Dragons, who is in the process of self publishing a fantasy novel. Somehow you stood behind me and helped facilitate that entire conversation.

Don't ever think that your posts here are without value!
tlarson58
Reactions:
Gearlist: A tele, a bass and a bunch of other stuff.

toomanycats wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 9:20 am
tlarson58 wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 8:21 pm I have submitted two posts this month. Neither made it to the next morning. I'd give 'em a bump, they'd show up for a day only to disappear forever. This has happened three or four times this year.

For what it's worth, just the other day I was speaking with a transplant from Colorado who now resides here in North Carolina. I took the liberty of referencing "my online friend" who lives in Steamboat. Knowing something about you made me feel like I had some purchase on her point of origin. Your words and posts gave me that capacity of empathy. We talked about the impassable snow at the higher elevations, the hotel at which The Shining was filmed, and her eighteen year old son who plays Dungeons & Dragons, who is in the process of self publishing a fantasy novel. Somehow you stood behind me and helped facilitate that entire conversation.

Don't ever think that your posts here are without value!
This reply is the nicest thing that has happened to me this week. Thank you forthe kind words.
Tommy Larson
Steamboat Springs, CO