New GC direction

Post All Your Unrelated Stuff Here.
solteroblues
Reactions:

we have the "Platinum Room" for the high end stuff, and they have everything in there pad locked so even if you can touch it, you can't pick up or play it. Some really nice things, too, like a couple PRS Private stocks ($13k+ for a dragon's breath one, but they've had it for years), and a bunch of Gibson Custom Shop and Fender Custom shop stuff. Way more expensive than the average player can afford. But I like looking lol... but I rarely ever buy anything from them, more than strings or the occasional cheap amp or something I want right then.
Tonray's Ghost
Reactions:

solteroblues wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 1:51 pm we have the "Platinum Room" for the high end stuff, and they have everything in there pad locked so even if you can touch it, you can't pick up or play it. Some really nice things, too, like a couple PRS Private stocks ($13k+ for a dragon's breath one, but they've had it for years), and a bunch of Gibson Custom Shop and Fender Custom shop stuff. Way more expensive than the average player can afford. But I like looking lol... but I rarely ever buy anything from them, more than strings or the occasional cheap amp or something I want right then.
Is there a special 'Stairway to Heaven" room ?
golem
Reactions:

@BatUtilityBelt I was thinking about who plays R9s and Dueces at gigs. The guy I buy most of my guitars from actually. LOL
BatUtilityBelt
Reactions:

golem wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 10:03 am @BatUtilityBelt I was thinking about who plays R9s and Dueces at gigs. The guy I buy most of my guitars from actually. LOL
Sure. I'm not saying it doesn't happen, just that it would be the exception to the rule. Most of us just don't have that kind of money to throw away.
Chocol8
Reactions:

Yes, there are definitely musicians with well paying full time jobs who gig with some pretty expensive gear. I don't know that there are enough of them to keep Guitar Center in business, or how many of them would even buy from Guitar Center.
Rollin Hand
Reactions:

This all makes me think of a line from "True Lies":

"Ballsy. Stupid, but ballsy."
"I'm not a sore loser. It's just that I prefer to win, and when I don't, I get furious."
- Ron Swanson