What if Jimi had covered 'Freight Train"?

Post All Your Unrelated Stuff Here.
PoodlesAgain
Reactions:

The other farm cats didn’t super love him but the chickens thought he was alright so he became a chicken.
glasshand
Reactions:

I remember being taught that song in summer camp when I was a kid! I had no idea it had that kind of history.
Lamf77
Reactions:

He did.....kind of.

Partscaster
Reactions:

a good one he covered here with dusty. might lend to what Freight Train could sound like.

[url]
"The man that hath no music in himself, nor is not moved with concord of sweet sounds, is fit for treasons, stratagems, and spoils. The motions of his spirit are dull as night, and his affections dark as Erebus. Let no such man be trusted."
mickey
Reactions:

glasshand wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 3:07 pm I remember being taught that song in summer camp when I was a kid! I had no idea it had that kind of history.
I saw her live on stage once back in the early 1960's during the "Folk Boom." I remember being there specifically to see Peter, Paul & Mary and there were several folks on the bill including Libby Cotton & Doc Watson. (It was the first I had heard of Doc Watson.)
Gandalf the Intonationer
tonebender
Reactions:
Gearlist: Fav: Gibson LP and Gibson Goldtone Amp. Other gear: Gretsch, Peavey, Taylor and more.

That had to have been an awesome show Mickey.
"Will follow through with a transaction when the terms are agreed upon" almightybunghole
mickey
Reactions:

tonebender wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 7:51 am That had to have been an awesome show Mickey.
It was! I disremember who all was on the bill but they weren't all!
Sad the opposite is true today, instead of paying a dollar or two to see a bunch of great acts,
you get to pay hundreds to see one so-so act.
Gandalf the Intonationer