Rick Beato Breaks Down "More Than A Feeling"

Post All Your Unrelated Stuff Here.
LightWingStudios
Site Admin
Reactions:

U.S. Manufacturer Of Musical Instrument Protection Accessories: AxeShield HD, AxeSak HD, AmpShield HD, KeyShield HD, PedalShield HD, MixShield HD, AxeGlove And AxeCap.

Visit Us At https://www.LightWingStudios.com

Email us at contact@LightWingStudios.com
tobijohn
Reactions:

Are you sure you didn't mean "Hooked on a Feeling"?

Delightful mix of insolence, arrogance and narcissism
Republican moderate trapped in a heavy metal chassis
Growing up, only kid in the neighborhood with an Uncle Ahkbar
tonebender
Reactions:
Gearlist: Fav: Gibson LP and Gibson Goldtone Amp. Other gear: Gretsch, Peavey, Taylor and more.

I watched that awhile ago. I was in the US Navy and stationed in Philly. I had the 8-track and a boom box, I think I wore it out along with Frampton Comes Alive.
"Will follow through with a transaction when the terms are agreed upon" almightybunghole
BatUtilityBelt
Reactions:

Mr. Beato is a wealth of knowledge regarding techniques used within his career, but has blind spots as to what else was going on. He credits Boston for doing everything raw because "it predated Pro Tools". But what he doesn't apparently realize is that sampling and sequencing were well in force in the early 80s, and Tom Scholz was very big into the tech side of music production. So much so that he recorded a lot without any other musicians, leaving them to have to do live covers of stuff they didn't work on in the studio some of the time. I'm not calling any of that bad, I'm thoroughly guilty of it too, but don't call it raw musician talent. Yes, it's talent, but it's not the same as the all-out musicianship some of my friends have (that I lack).