In 2 bands and had 6 gigs this year.

Post All Your Unrelated Stuff Here.
Brad
Reactions:

I'm in two original bands. I've played 6 gigs this year between both of them, so an average of 1 gig every other month. There are plenty of places that support local, original bands around here.

So I posted an ad to start or join a classic rock cover band with the focus on frequent, paying gigs. We'll see how that goes but I'd rather just see the bands I'm already in do more.

I'll update as this saga continues. Probably no big decisions until after the holidays but I'm really not feeling either band right now.
tonebender
Reactions:
Gearlist: Fav: Gibson LP and Gibson Goldtone Amp. Other gear: Gretsch, Peavey, Taylor and more.

I play in a band that plays a lot of originals and we just released the band's 5th record. We have to play a lot of covers in order to get gigs. Our schedule would be 5-6 a year too if we did not do poplar covers. That said we are selective on the covers we do. Joining a cover band would probably populate your calendar sufficiently.
"Will follow through with a transaction when the terms are agreed upon" almightybunghole
tlarson58
Reactions:
Gearlist: A tele, a bass and a bunch of other stuff.

I think that we all agree that being in a band comprised of members that you are friendly with is the way to go. Six gigs is enough to make you want more for sure, though. Go for it.
Tommy Larson
Steamboat Springs, CO
Brad
Reactions:

My crying jag is over. I've had a lot of non-music related stuff in my brain and it started coming out sideways. I would love to do more shows in 2024 than in 2023 but I'll be grateful for whatever I get.