Guitar Sale Lol Of The Day

Post All Your Unrelated Stuff Here.
slowhand84
Reactions:

Sold a guitar a few days ago to someone off one of the usual marketplaces...guy met up with me, played the guitar for maybe 5-6 minutes, said everything was great and bought it.

Today, 3 days later, he emails me saying that the fret size is not what he's used to and asks if I'd be OK with him returning it :lol: :lol: :lol:

Just had to share, I've been playing guitar for a long time and have sold more than a few over the years but this is the first time I've ever experienced anything like that.
tonebender
Reactions:
Gearlist: Fav: Gibson LP and Gibson Goldtone Amp. Other gear: Gretsch, Peavey, Taylor and more.

Did you tell you the frets are the same size now that they were the day he tried it out?
"Will follow through with a transaction when the terms are agreed upon" almightybunghole
slowhand84
Reactions:

tonebender wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 8:28 am Did you tell you the frets are the same size now that they were the day he tried it out?
I didn't tell him anything at all because I don't respond to buffoonery :lol:
toomanycats
Reactions:

There was once a people who, two-thousand years ago, had quite a civilization centered in the Italian Peninsula; that is, until the rot of internal corruption and an apathetic public lost in bread and circuses caused it to collapse. Same sh*t as now, different millennia. However, they left us some good engineering that still stands, and also many legal concepts, most apropros in this particular case being the phrase, "Caveat emptor."
“There are only two means of refuge from the miseries of life: Music and Cats!” Albert Schweitzer
BatUtilityBelt
Reactions:

"Listen Fred. I'm calling you Fred because this long after the sale, I can't remember your name, Fred. I sold you the guitar for X after you tried it out, and that was the deal. The lesson on buyer's remorse is a bonus you get for free! You're welcome."
andrewsrea
Reactions:
Gearlist: 28 Guitars: (2) basses, (2) acoustics, (3) hollow bodies, (3) Semi hollow, (1) Double-neck, (17) Solid-bodies

He wants to return it, because he suddenly realized it is a right-handed guitar and he is a lefty.
Live life to the fullest! - Rob
slowhand84
Reactions:

andrewsrea wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 3:41 pm He wants to return it, because he suddenly realized it is a right-handed guitar and he is a lefty.
With enough drugs, anything is possible :lol:
golem
Reactions:

Only time I returned a guitar a few days later was when @andrewsrea helped me take it apart and it wasn't what the seller said it was. Seller was gracious enough to let me return it.
honyock
Reactions:

Sir this is not a Guitar Center.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

10 years, 2 months, and 8 days of blissful ignorance ruined by that snake in the grass Major Tom.
slowhand84
Reactions:

golem wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 10:20 pm Only time I returned a guitar a few days later was when @andrewsrea helped me take it apart and it wasn't what the seller said it was. Seller was gracious enough to let me return it.
Yeah certainly if I accidentally misrepresented something I would take it back in a heartbeat, that would be 100% on me. Pretty sure the fret size hasn't changed in the last 3 days though, so this one's on him :lol:
Partscaster
Reactions:

He should try to sell his new/used guitar on that marketplace you used, and you could warn him about the existence of such foolish "buyers".
On a bright note, maybe he can take his partially eaten bag of french fries and get a full refund from McDonalds.
"The man that hath no music in himself, nor is not moved with concord of sweet sounds, is fit for treasons, stratagems, and spoils. The motions of his spirit are dull as night, and his affections dark as Erebus. Let no such man be trusted."
jhull54
Reactions:

Real reason:

"My wife got pissed that I brought another guitar home."
golem
Reactions:

In general, I'd love to grab one of @slowhand84 's many awesome GC finds.

Granted, I have too many guitars as it is and probably need to move some things.
slowhand84
Reactions:

golem wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 1:54 pm In general, I'd love to grab one of @slowhand84 's many awesome GC finds.

Granted, I have too many guitars as it is and probably need to move some things.
Yep, GC Used is definitely quite the goldmine. I always share the wealth with all my tips and tricks for finding what I find, creates a bit more competition for when I browse but given that I'm running out of space here a little competition will be a good thing :lol:
Mossman
Reactions:

"Did you happen to notice my return policy when you tried out that guitar?"

"No?"

"That's because I don't have one... You tried it, you liked it, you bought it, you own it."

Somebody bought my Harley Benton bass last week, which is so heavy it generates its own gravitational field. I half expected to hear back from the guy wanting to return it, and that's what I was going to say.
Finally escaping the People's Republic of Kalifornia!

BANNED BY MOMO