Anyone heard from TJ???

Post All Your Unrelated Stuff Here.
mickey
Reactions:

Saw on TV they had a tornado come thru Palm Beach Gardens & that ain't a huge city?!?!?!?!?!

Gandalf the Intonationer
Partscaster
Reactions:

I hope TJ and other area folks are well and their homes are okay.
It seems this is gonna happen more and more in the south east and midwest.
"The man that hath no music in himself, nor is not moved with concord of sweet sounds, is fit for treasons, stratagems, and spoils. The motions of his spirit are dull as night, and his affections dark as Erebus. Let no such man be trusted."
uwmcscott
Reactions:
Gearlist: A few LP's, a Strat, a Tele and a few acoustics.

Hope all of our florida AGF brothers are OK. Snowing here in WI again today but merely annoying vs dangerous.
AGF Survivor Champ Emeritus (Ask TVVoodoo )
slowhand84
Reactions:

mickey wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 3:48 pm Saw on TV they had a tornado come thru Palm Beach Gardens & that ain't a huge city?!?!?!?!?!

Oh jeez, that sucks! @tobijohn let us know you're OK whenever your internet comes back!
tobijohn
Reactions:

Thanks for the concern, the guitars are all still hanging on the walls or in their floor racks and not dispersed over a few square miles around my place. The tornadoes were about five miles away, nothing much happened around me except for some gusty rain. The power never even flickered...
Delightful mix of insolence, arrogance and narcissism
Republican moderate trapped in a heavy metal chassis
Growing up, only kid in the neighborhood with an Uncle Ahkbar
mickey
Reactions:

Thanks for the response, John. As I'm sure you are aware when a disaster of this nature comes to visit the town
where a friend lives it is difficult to know how affected they might be (unless you see a picture of their home in bits & pieces)
this being especially true if you live 4 or 500 miles apart.

Good to know you fared well! As I'm certain you are aware, tornadoes have a way of scrambling power grids,
cell phone towers etc. thus I hate to start trying to phone! Mickey.
Gandalf the Intonationer
tonebender
Reactions:
Gearlist: Fav: Gibson LP and Gibson Goldtone Amp. Other gear: Gretsch, Peavey, Taylor and more.

Glad you are ok John. I suspect all those guitars to help hold your house down. :mrgreen: :lol:
"Will follow through with a transaction when the terms are agreed upon" almightybunghole
uwmcscott
Reactions:
Gearlist: A few LP's, a Strat, a Tele and a few acoustics.

tobijohn wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 11:59 pm Thanks for the concern, the guitars are all still hanging on the walls or in their floor racks and not dispersed over a few square miles around my place. The tornadoes were about five miles away, nothing much happened around me except for some gusty rain. The power never even flickered...
That's one of the crazy things about tornadoes in that the damage is so precise. We've had a few already this year and the season that they are most common is May/June here in WI. My brother had one pass literally about 3 city blocks from his house years ago that did major structure damage to homes, but a few hundred yards on either side of the path basically nothing other than a few downed branches. Certainly there are varying levels of strength and size, and they are almost entirely unpredictable too.

Many moons ago I was sitting on the banks of the Mississippi river with 2 friends fishing off the bank. We were on our bicycles and it was one of those ridiculously hot/humid summer days which can breed big thunderstorms and tornadoes pretty quickly. We saw a thunderstorm coming in from the distance and did see what looked like a funnel cloud coming partway down, but we were just kids and didn't think much of it as it seemed far away. When the front came through it was like a wall of cold air that just about blew us off our feet and there was hail the size of golf balls for about 3 minutes - we hid under a bridge until it passed and 10 minutes later it was calm and hot again. We learned later on the news ( before the internet or phones of course ) that it was indeed a small tornado and that it touched down about 10 miles south of where we had been.

Glad you ( and all the guitars ) are OK BTW!
AGF Survivor Champ Emeritus (Ask TVVoodoo )