Cancelled My Reverb Account

Post All Your Unrelated Stuff Here.
tonebender
Reactions:
Gearlist: Fav: Gibson LP and Gibson Goldtone Amp. Other gear: Gretsch, Peavey, Taylor and more.

I recently made a purchase on Reverb and noticed that I had a card on file from way back. The card was expired and has been cancelled for a long time. So I went to my account and tried to delete it. The steps were easy enough but when I got there and clicked on "Delete", I kept getting a message that they could not delete the card at this time to try back later. I made my purchase and made a mental note to comeback and delete the card.

It has been a month or so and I tried to delete the card again. I got the same message. I saw where I could start a "live chat" so I clicked on it. Quickly I got a response asking me what I needed. I typed in I wanted to delete my card on file. It immediately gave me a link to delete my card. I clicked on it and went through the steps and got the same message. I go back to chat and ask to speak with an actual person because I could tell I was talking with a robot. It responded with okay but before I connect you can you give me a description of the problem. I type in, I wish to delete my card on file. I get the exact same response as before with the same link. I try again and the result is the same. I keep trying everything trick in the book to get to a real person and finally I realize that it is not possible. I did google searches and found links to "Live Chat" but none were real people.

In the end I typed in I wanted to delete my account because their customer service sucked. Finally it gave me an option to receive a phone call with the first available time 11:00 am this morning. I am waiting for the call now. In the meantime they sent me an email and said my account is closed. The phone call should be interesting. Put Reverb on the list with Rondo as sites I will never do business with again. Don't call it "Live" chat if is is not.
"Will follow through with a transaction when the terms are agreed upon" almightybunghole
tonebender
Reactions:
Gearlist: Fav: Gibson LP and Gibson Goldtone Amp. Other gear: Gretsch, Peavey, Taylor and more.

Guess who did not call. They have zero customer service.
"Will follow through with a transaction when the terms are agreed upon" almightybunghole
LightWingStudios
Site Admin
Reactions:

tonebender wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 11:20 am Guess who did not call. They have zero customer service.
Etsy bought Reverb from Chicago Music Exchange over year ago and you'll get the same run around on Etsy. Ebay is relying on Chat Bots also to cut costs. Farkers STILL want your $ tho.
U.S. Manufacturer Of Musical Instrument Protection Accessories: AxeShield HD, AxeSak HD, AmpShield HD, KeyShield HD, PedalShield HD, MixShield HD, AxeGlove And AxeCap.

Visit Us At https://www.LightWingStudios.com

Email us at contact@LightWingStudios.com
slowhand84
Reactions:

tonebender wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 10:49 am I recently made a purchase on Reverb and noticed that I had a card on file from way back. The card was expired and has been cancelled for a long time. So I went to my account and tried to delete it. The steps were easy enough but when I got there and clicked on "Delete", I kept getting a message that they could not delete the card at this time to try back later. I made my purchase and made a mental note to comeback and delete the card.

It has been a month or so and I tried to delete the card again. I got the same message. I saw where I could start a "live chat" so I clicked on it. Quickly I got a response asking me what I needed. I typed in I wanted to delete my card on file. It immediately gave me a link to delete my card. I clicked on it and went through the steps and got the same message. I go back to chat and ask to speak with an actual person because I could tell I was talking with a robot. It responded with okay but before I connect you can you give me a description of the problem. I type in, I wish to delete my card on file. I get the exact same response as before with the same link. I try again and the result is the same. I keep trying everything trick in the book to get to a real person and finally I realize that it is not possible. I did google searches and found links to "Live Chat" but none were real people.

In the end I typed in I wanted to delete my account because their customer service sucked. Finally it gave me an option to receive a phone call with the first available time 11:00 am this morning. I am waiting for the call now. In the meantime they sent me an email and said my account is closed. The phone call should be interesting. Put Reverb on the list with Rondo as sites I will never do business with again. Don't call it "Live" chat if is is not.
Honestly while I 100% agree that Reverb's customer service since the Etsy buyout has been pretty whack...the card is expired and cancelled, so no one can do anything with it and there isn't any real necessity to manually delete it from your account.

I agree though that live chat and customer service has been kinda sucking in general, as many companies rush to save every cent they can they downsize and have fewer people to address issues. I had to get a refund for a flight that was canceled (not by me, but by the airline) and it took something like 7 different 10 minute calls to get it done. Pretty insane.
uwmcscott
Reactions:
Gearlist: A few LP's, a Strat, a Tele and a few acoustics.

That is a bummer. I have been fortunate in that I have bought and sold quite a few items on Reverb, and even had a few sticky transactions that the Reverb staff was helpful in quickly resolving Having said that I use them very infrequently anymore for selling as the fees have increased so much, and finding a deal is few and farther between.

I have actually found more deals on used items via Guitar Center used over the years than anywhere, but their customer service is probably about the worst you can get - think of all the epic GC bashing threads here.

But either way, sucks that they put you through the hoops like that and still never resolved the issue.
AGF Survivor Champ Emeritus (Ask TVVoodoo )