Craigslist dumb arses

Post All Your Unrelated Stuff Here.
honyock
Reactions:

Offer me 60% of my asking price. After I say no, proceed to tell me it is $100 on GC used website. Cheapest one (in fair condition AKA BEAT TO HECK). Most are going for $10 to $50 more than I have listed).

I tell them then buy it there and pay tax and shipping and end up more than I am asking.

I point out the condition and above that all others are more expensive than mine before shipping.

They respond. "Do you want to have sex?"

What in the actual hell is wrong with people?

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

10 years, 2 months, and 8 days of blissful ignorance ruined by that snake in the grass Major Tom.
SamIV
Reactions:

Welcome to the society of the day. I I believe it’s going to get worse.
PoodlesAgain
Reactions:

SamIV wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:12 pm Welcome to the society of the day. I I believe it’s going to get worse.
All over by 2050.
Back to western Europe early Middle Ages, the good old days.
The other farm cats didn’t super love him but the chickens thought he was alright so he became a chicken.
Partscaster
Reactions:

PoodlesAgain wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:24 pm
SamIV wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:12 pm Welcome to the society of the day. I I believe it’s going to get worse.
All over by 2050.
Back to western Europe early Middle Ages, the good old days.
for the sake of the rest of the animal and plant kingdoms, I hope your right.
"The man that hath no music in himself, nor is not moved with concord of sweet sounds, is fit for treasons, stratagems, and spoils. The motions of his spirit are dull as night, and his affections dark as Erebus. Let no such man be trusted."
Rollin Hand
Reactions:

honyock wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:09 pm Offer me 60% of my asking price. After I say no, proceed to tell me it is $100 on GC used website. Cheapest one (in fair condition AKA BEAT TO HECK). Most are going for $10 to $50 more than I have listed).

I tell them then buy it there and pay tax and shipping and end up more than I am asking.

I point out the condition and above that all others are more expensive than mine before shipping.

They want sex and cheap guitars. That's basically the reason I try to stay alive.
"I'm not a sore loser. It's just that I prefer to win, and when I don't, I get furious."
- Ron Swanson
golem
Reactions:

There's a minority of people on CL/FB who are assholes/trolls or whatever. Every time I list something I have someone me offering 40-60% of what I'm asking either in cash or trade. And then frequently being a dick about it when I say no. No means no. I guess they just reckon if they do it often enough someone will be a pushover or desperate enough to take them up on it. Kind of like pricks or do stuff like that bars.
mickey
Reactions:

How does one lowball this Chibson ? :lol:
Gandalf the Intonationer
SamIV
Reactions:

I don’t think a lefty like you needs a right handed Chibson Mickey. Or maybe you need change in your life as well. :D
Chocol8
Reactions:

honyock wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:09 pm I tell them then buy it there and pay tax and shipping and end up more than I am asking.

Never try to explain your pricing decisions to a potential buyer.
honyock
Reactions:

Chocol8 wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 9:10 pm
honyock wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:09 pm I tell them then buy it there and pay tax and shipping and end up more than I am asking.

Never try to explain your pricing decisions to a potential buyer.
it was only after they threw the GC pricing in my face and said something somewhat rude (before the straight up weird offer of sex) that I just for the hell of it looked at the GC prices to see if I was out of line.
10 years, 2 months, and 8 days of blissful ignorance ruined by that snake in the grass Major Tom.
mark_morton
Reactions:

I just block those people. Fuck'em.
tonebender
Reactions:
Gearlist: Fav: Gibson LP and Gibson Goldtone Amp. Other gear: Gretsch, Peavey, Taylor and more.

I put three 15" Guitar Speakers on Cl a couple of days ago. Two are worth and sell for over $100 and one is a stock Excelsior which I consider valueless. I only asked $25 each for the Weber and the Jensen. The Excelsior if free for the taking. I took pics and listed all pertinent info (ohms) website link etc. I get a reply and the guy wanted to know what model Weber? Really? The pic is clear as it can be, says right on it Weber Vintage Series Ferromax. People are stupid.
PXL_20221230_171839948.jpg
"Will follow through with a transaction when the terms are agreed upon" almightybunghole
honyock
Reactions:

tonebender wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 8:59 am People are stupid.

Amen
Tglo
Reactions:
Gearlist: Way to many and it changes every month.
My new favorite is my Harley Benton guitars.

tonebender wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 8:59 am I put three 15" Guitar Speakers on Cl a couple of days ago. Two are worth and sell for over $100 and one is a stock Excelsior which I consider valueless. I only asked $25 each for the Weber and the Jensen. The Excelsior if free for the taking. I took pics and listed all pertinent info (ohms) website link etc. I get a reply and the guy wanted to know what model Weber? Really? The pic is clear as it can be, says right on it Weber Vintage Series Ferromax. People are stupid.

No. That would be an insult to stupid people.
I posted clearly a black flame top wolf lp. Then got 2 potential buyers ask what color is it. If you simply increase the size of said pic it becomes obvious.
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son that whosoever believes in Him wil not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16
golem
Reactions:

I have people like this more often on Facebook than Craigslist.
slowhand84
Reactions:

honyock wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:09 pm Offer me 60% of my asking price. After I say no, proceed to tell me it is $100 on GC used website. Cheapest one (in fair condition AKA BEAT TO HECK). Most are going for $10 to $50 more than I have listed).

Lol, classic. People really are crazy, lately I was surprised by one situation where the buyer really essentially screwed themselves...short version of the story is they wanted a guitar I had for sale, sent me a lowball offer, I countered with something closer to what I wanted and they agreed to pay it. They were driving about 40 mins each way to meet me. I meet CL buyers a 4 minute walk from my house, that way if any buffoonery happens I can just walk back having wasted no more than 8 minutes or so of my time.

This guy gets there, tries the guitar for a minute, says its pretty great and then asks if i would take $25 less for it than we agreed to (this was a pretty cheap guitar to begin with). He adds that he's asking for this "because I had to drive all the way over here and I live in (town that's 40 mins away)". I told him a polite version of "I didn't make you live there or shop here", and he actually said alright then I'm not interested. Got back in his car and drove the 40 mins back. I walked the 4 mins home and sold it at my full asking price 3 days later.

Why would someone do this? Who knows.
mozz
Reactions:

Put a price and then put "FIRM" , that usually narrows down the customers.
AGF refugee
slowhand84
Reactions:

mozz wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 3:18 pm Put a price and then put "FIRM" , that usually narrows down the customers.
I can guarantee you 80% of people won't even read the ad or will read it and not follow whatever parameters you set. I put "cash only, no trades accepted" in every single one of my ads and I always get a minimum of 4-5 people who email offering me random stuff :lol:
mozz
Reactions:

Your area must have different weirdos than this areas weirdos. I can put "trades only, or will trade for" and i get no reply's.
AGF refugee
golem
Reactions:

Most of my weirdos are on FB Marketplace. Lots of trade offers that are absurd like 1/4th to 1/10th of the value of my item without any clarity about whether cash would be added.
Sinster
Reactions:
Gearlist: Many Les Pauls, Couple of Tele's and Strats, a PRS, a EVH Woflgang, a Bass, and Epi Acoustic. Egnater Rebel 20, Tubemeister 18.

When I post an ad on either Facebook or Craiglist I always put.

-I will not respond to low ball offers or you telling me that you seen it lower elsewhere. If that was true you wouldn't be wasting my time and you would have bought it already.
glasshand
Reactions:

Sinster wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 2:29 pm When I post an ad on either Facebook or Craiglist I always put.

-I will not respond to low ball offers or you telling me that you seen it lower elsewhere. If that was true you wouldn't be wasting my time and you would have bought it already.
I did see a Reverb listing from a guy trying to sell a used GFS Xtrem for exactly what they go for new, and in his description he put that he paid $89 for it. I felt like emailing him to tell him that I could get a new one for the same price, but life is too short to bother. :mrgreen:
Sinster
Reactions:
Gearlist: Many Les Pauls, Couple of Tele's and Strats, a PRS, a EVH Woflgang, a Bass, and Epi Acoustic. Egnater Rebel 20, Tubemeister 18.

glasshand wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 9:16 am
Sinster wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 2:29 pm When I post an ad on either Facebook or Craiglist I always put.

I did see a Reverb listing from a guy trying to sell a used GFS Xtrem for exactly what they go for new, and in his description he put that he paid $89 for it. I felt like emailing him to tell him that I could get a new one for the same price, but life is too short to bother. :mrgreen:
You should have offered 49.99 ;)