Olivia Newton-John R.I.P.

Post All Your Unrelated Stuff Here.
mickey
Reactions:

Gandalf the Intonationer
Partscaster
Reactions:

She, and Helen Reddy, and Karen Carpenter, ....could make a good super-trio.
"The man that hath no music in himself, nor is not moved with concord of sweet sounds, is fit for treasons, stratagems, and spoils. The motions of his spirit are dull as night, and his affections dark as Erebus. Let no such man be trusted."
tonebender
Reactions:
Gearlist: Fav: Gibson LP and Gibson Goldtone Amp. Other gear: Gretsch, Peavey, Taylor and more.

R.I.P. to a real beauty
"Will follow through with a transaction when the terms are agreed upon" almightybunghole
mickey
Reactions:

tonebender wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 8:01 pm R.I.P. to a real beauty
AMEN! I met her one time (purely by accident) on the streets of London in 1970 when she was not yet a celebrity. She was trying to get her start in the business & had been on the BBC a few times, but no record deal, yet. She was the sexiest woman I ever met! She never meant to be, she just was!
Gandalf the Intonationer
peskypesky
Reactions:

My first HUGE crush.

:(
Banned by Momo
toomanycats
Reactions:

Oh Olivia, you were a living goddess. That duet "Suddenly" you did with Cliff Richards is an unrivaled expression of feminine sexuality, seduction, and desire. It made me all tingly inside as an adolescent boy still not yet old enough to completely understand why.

Ditto for the film Xanadu.

“There are only two means of refuge from the miseries of life: Music and Cats!” Albert Schweitzer
Rollin Hand
Reactions:

OK, someone else remembers "Xanadu!"

She was beautiful, but more than that, she was talented. Great look and a great voice...and she could act. Shame she was taken from her family at such a young age.
"I'm not a sore loser. It's just that I prefer to win, and when I don't, I get furious."
- Ron Swanson
Lamf77
Reactions:

I will join in....huge crush. I worked as an usher in a movie theater when Grease was out....must have seen at least 50 times. RIP.
redman
Reactions:
Gearlist: Gibson LP, Agile PS900, SX Tele, SX Strat, PRS SE Zach Myers Yamaha FGX830c, Yamaha LL16, Yamaha LL26, Eastman E10D, Tobias Bass, Squire CV 60's P Bass

She was the crush of many of us old farts I guess she was the only female that beat out Stevie Nicks in both tralent and beauty.
notme
Reactions:

For me it was ONJ, Dawn Wells, Pat Benetar and Jaclyn Smith. In no particular order.
My daughters middle name is Olivia.
Great person we have lost, RIP