Crash And Burn Well, At Least Crash

Post All Your Unrelated Stuff Here.
redman
Reactions:
Gearlist: Gibson LP, Agile PS900, SX Tele, SX Strat, PRS SE Zach Myers Yamaha FGX830c, Yamaha LL16, Yamaha LL26, Eastman E10D, Tobias Bass, Squire CV 60's P Bass

I've been sick for a little over a week today I felt a lot better so time to play my guitars. I keep an electric and an acoustic tuned to open E to play slide. Never been a great slide player but I do love to try quite often, and this evening was the time. So, I grabbed my favorite slide a Dunlop ceramic Joe Perry signature slide and took off playing and singing Skynyrd's "Four Walls of Raiford" I must say it was going quite well until I got up to get something to drink and that slide jumped out of my hand and committed suicide. I just placed an order for another a well spent $20.

mw2ZoBE[1].jpg
MichaelR
Reactions:

Nooooo arg! I used to play open E all the time, its a kick.
Partscaster
Reactions:

i now use my pinky with a little tapered on the inside glass slide.
Happy sliding!
"The man that hath no music in himself, nor is not moved with concord of sweet sounds, is fit for treasons, stratagems, and spoils. The motions of his spirit are dull as night, and his affections dark as Erebus. Let no such man be trusted."
redman
Reactions:
Gearlist: Gibson LP, Agile PS900, SX Tele, SX Strat, PRS SE Zach Myers Yamaha FGX830c, Yamaha LL16, Yamaha LL26, Eastman E10D, Tobias Bass, Squire CV 60's P Bass

MichaelR wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 9:05 pm Nooooo arg! I used to play open E all the time, its a kick.
I learned how to play with a slide in open E just never changed I only use open E for slide I do use alternate tunings some songs just demand it like Zeppelin's "Rain Song" no way I've ever learned to play it in standard tuning.
jtcnj
Reactions:

Sorry for your loss
RIP Mr. Perry Slide

The breaks look mostly solid; I might try gluing that up.
Old AGF since Feb. 2015; refugee of the Great MOMO Purge of May 2020.
Rollin Hand
Reactions:

I once read that members of Little Feat used Sears Craftsman long sockets as slides. They came in multiple sizes, you could find them anywhere that had a Sears, they were well made, and if you broke one, it was guaranteed!
"I'm not a sore loser. It's just that I prefer to win, and when I don't, I get furious."
- Ron Swanson
mickey
Reactions:

Rollin Hand wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 12:16 pm I once read that members of Little Feat used Sears Craftsman long sockets as slides. They came in multiple sizes, you could find them anywhere that had a Sears, they were well made, and if you broke one, it was guaranteed!
OH! NO!!!! Now I can see the interwebs coming to its knees due to all the arguing of the differences in tonal characteristics of Craftsman, Snap_On, Husky vs cheap Harbor Freight deep well sockets!!
Not to mention the tonal arguments of 1/4" vs 3/8" vs 1/2" sockets! The mind boggles! :shock: :lol:
Gandalf the Intonationer
redman
Reactions:

@mickey I know you were kidding but over the years I have saw a ton of players using everything from beer bottles to just about anything you can imagine including one of those big rectangle, stand up metal napkin holders but I played some in the 90's with a guy that was a really good guitarist but he had one of those big clip on the headstock tuner I don't know when those type truners were first made but it was one of the first ones I had saw. Anyway, he would reach up and grab that tuner and play just excellent slide licks with it.

I have a confession to make I am a closet "Mississippi Delta Blues" fanatic. I love those old slide blues and I've read a lot of those guys used pocket knives for a slide. I love playing old schoiols stuff with a slide in fact Tuesday my buddy I've played with over 20 years is ciming over and I'm positive we will both have our slides out. I'm not a good slide player but I'm not a great guitar player at all but I do love it and have been working on it for 50 plua years.
Longblacktie
Reactions:

I have that slide too! It’s a good one, if I broke it I would re buy it also

Try open D and A as well
redman
Reactions:

So I forgot why I came back to this thread @mickey post got me wondering off to the blues. 8-)
So I bought a new slide and I have broken my last 3 slides, 2 ceramic and 1 glass so I went with metal and bought one of the "Magslide Eclipse" they are made out of magnesium it's the lightest slide I've ever owned by far and it fits my finger well and has great tone. If I do somehow break this one I'll give up slide and swear I never played or even liked to hear a slide being played.

My New Toy
0O8xGuT[1].jpg