New drivers for scarlett 2i4

Post All Your Unrelated Stuff Here.
MichaelR
Reactions:

I've been having issues for quite some time when using Reaper to record my music. Every time I enable my guitar so as to record it amped up my Reverb so bad that it just ruined it. Its really been bugging me because at 71 I want to record my guitar playing for my daughter as she has asked me several times. Also I'd like to drop a few here so that you know I can actually play a little. Anyway I finally decided to see if there were new drivers for the 2i4 I use for my interface and Ill be damned if there wasn't a new one which I installed and finally its working right. Now I can record with the Tone I like without it getting messed up. Any of you guys that are using a Focusrite may want to check and see if you need an update to.
Don't hold your breath though because it takes me quite a while to get one to the point that I'm happy with it maybe 72 or 3 haha.
Chocol8
Reactions:

Hmmm I should check. After what I think was a windows patch last year, I have been unable to record anything on my laptop. Sounds fine when monitoring but playback is a complete mess. It’s an older laptop and I was planning to simply replace it once the chip shortage and crazy pricing settled down, but maybe a new driver is what I need!

Thanks for the heads up.
BatUtilityBelt
Reactions:

Chocol8 wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 12:15 pm Hmmm I should check. After what I think was a windows patch last year, I have been unable to record anything on my laptop. Sounds fine when monitoring but playback is a complete mess.
Maybe you're just imagining what you're hearing :lol: :lol:

Sorry, couldn't resist given the other thread.
BatUtilityBelt
Reactions:

Whatever it is, it hasn't happened to my 18i20/Mac setup. My instinct would be to suspect it's Windows specific.
Chocol8
Reactions:

BatUtilityBelt wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 12:39 pm
Chocol8 wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 12:15 pm
Hmmm I should check. After what I think was a windows patch last year, I have been unable to record anything on my laptop. Sounds fine when monitoring but playback is a complete mess.

It’s more likely that you are just bitter about finding out you’ve been fooling yourself all these years. ;)
BatUtilityBelt
Reactions:

Chocol8 wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 9:43 am
BatUtilityBelt wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 12:39 pm
Chocol8 wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 12:15 pm
Hmmm I should check. After what I think was a windows patch last year, I have been unable to record anything on my laptop. Sounds fine when monitoring but playback is a complete mess.

It’s more likely that you are just bitter about finding out you’ve been fooling yourself all these years. ;)
If I've been fooling myself about my hearing, it must be contagious because locals who don't even know me ask me to mix their work. I'm not bitter at all. I like having a well trained ear.
MichaelR
Reactions:

BatUtilityBelt wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 12:42 pm Whatever it is, it hasn't happened to my 18i20/Mac setup. My instinct would be to suspect it's Windows specific.
Yes I suspect your right, I like the fact that Focusrite keeps up with stupid IMHO constant changes win10 forces us to take and have had a number of problems with my system after various updates which were installed. Yes I know your gonna say to use Linux or mac but I'm an old dog who hates new tricks at least with computers.
BatUtilityBelt
Reactions:

MichaelR wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 12:18 pm
BatUtilityBelt wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 12:42 pm Whatever it is, it hasn't happened to my 18i20/Mac setup. My instinct would be to suspect it's Windows specific.
Yes I suspect your right, I like the fact that Focusrite keeps up with stupid IMHO constant changes win10 forces us to take and have had a number of problems with my system after various updates which were installed. Yes I know your gonna say to use Linux or mac but I'm an old dog who hates new tricks at least with computers.
Not at all! I say use whatever works for you, how you want it to. I've bounced platforms a few times.