Gardening pro tip

Post All Your Unrelated Stuff Here.
BatUtilityBelt
Reactions:

When cutting back your roses, do not trim the black stalk going into the house.
Oops.jpg
The hard part was actually finding the coax tools I had not used in over a decade.
PoodlesAgain
Reactions:

Can you hear me now...?
The other farm cats didn’t super love him but the chickens thought he was alright so he became a chicken.
bleys21
Reactions:

Lol, gotta keep the power tools away from the wires going into the house :-)
Rollin Hand
Reactions:

Cutting the cord is the latest thing. All the cool kids are doing it.
"I'm not a sore loser. It's just that I prefer to win, and when I don't, I get furious."
- Ron Swanson
PoodlesAgain
Reactions:

Related pro tip: if you have intermediate coax connections inside the house, check them once in a while. One of mine was not tight enough, and giving me all kinds of trouble. The cable guy came over and spotted it with his fancy metering!

Other: After we bought the house, a foreclosure, I had to remove hundreds of feet of coax in the basement, as PO must have a dozen TVs in there!
The other farm cats didn’t super love him but the chickens thought he was alright so he became a chicken.
Partscaster
Reactions:

Cut to desired length, place your arrangement in a vase, in partial sun by window, and water daily.
"The man that hath no music in himself, nor is not moved with concord of sweet sounds, is fit for treasons, stratagems, and spoils. The motions of his spirit are dull as night, and his affections dark as Erebus. Let no such man be trusted."
redman
Reactions:
Gearlist: Gibson LP, Agile PS900, SX Tele, SX Strat, PRS SE Zach Myers Yamaha FGX830c, Yamaha LL16, Yamaha LL26, Eastman E10D, Tobias Bass, Squire CV 60's P Bass

That don't look like you have a ground block on the RG-6 if not you need to call your service provider no ground block equals danger. All you need is a knife and diagonal pliers 2 connectors and a barrel splice to fix that spent my life as Randy the Cable Guy for real.
PoodlesAgain
Reactions:

redman wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 11:27 am That don't look like you have a ground block on the RG-6 if not you need to call your service provider no ground block equals danger. All you need is a knife and diagonal pliers 2 connectors and a barrel splice to fix that spent my life as Randy the Cable Guy for real.
Hmm... what does that look like once done, and is it usually outside the dwelling?
BatUtilityBelt
Reactions:

redman wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 11:27 am That don't look like you have a ground block on the RG-6 if not you need to call your service provider no ground block equals danger. All you need is a knife and diagonal pliers 2 connectors and a barrel splice to fix that spent my life as Randy the Cable Guy for real.
It has one, just 40 feet away because my cable guy didn't want to fish wire in the basement, he ran a new line around the corner and back of the house. Not saying that was a good choice, it was his laziness.
redman
Reactions:
Gearlist: Gibson LP, Agile PS900, SX Tele, SX Strat, PRS SE Zach Myers Yamaha FGX830c, Yamaha LL16, Yamaha LL26, Eastman E10D, Tobias Bass, Squire CV 60's P Bass

PoodlesAgain wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 1:12 pm
Hmm... what does that look like once done, and is it usually outside the dwelling?

I found this picture but usually they have the cable looped around it it's called a drip loop to keep water out of the connector most of the time they are outside but sometimes they are inside just not often.
m6KXXbt[1].jpg
PoodlesAgain
Reactions:

Well I have what you show, in an a gray box, outside, with drip loop... but there is no ground wire!

it is all near the old AT&T/New England Telephone?NYNEX cabling, so I can fish out a good size copper wire to the ground rod in the basement.
MichaelR
Reactions:

Yes and avoid cutting the power chord with with your hedge trimmer as I have done.
t100d
Reactions:
Gearlist: '62 Guild T100D Slim Jim
'76 Ibanez 2405 Custom Agent
2004 Ibanez SA220EX
2009 Douglas WNO 630
2019 Peavey JF1
2021 Indio Retro Tele

'70 Gianninni Craviola

Córdoba Mini II EB-CE
Aria A542F
Takamine TC132SC
Rivera BC-394C

'70's Hohner PJ fretless bass
'84 Ibanez Roadstar II bass w/ SX Ursa neck

YouRock Midi guitar

Fender Acoustasonic 40
Fender Mustang III
Vox DA5
Monoprice 40W SS w/ 10" speaker

I wouldn't let a hedge trimmer within 100 ft of my guitar—oh wait, you meant power cord … never mind.
"Anyone who understands jazz knows that you can't understand it. It's too complicated. That's what's so simple about it."