No Superbowl excitement..?

Post All Your Unrelated Stuff Here.
ID10t
Reactions:

redman wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 12:13 pm I don't have cable and I just stream from free sites like Pluto and Peacock and have an inside antenna for local but can't get CBS so I didn't watch this year. Why did they move from FOX I can get that.
Hey I'm not selling anything here, but check out Locast for streaming local channels, it's a decent solution.
jtcnj
Reactions:

PoodlesAgain wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 1:13 pm Just wondering... in years past there was some peak Superbowl talk among us.

Not much this year, that I see?

Locally, now that TB has relocated, much less silly GOAT rah-rah going on.

Anyway, football fans enjoy the game, drinks and food!
Nope.
I used to be a rabid J-E-T-S fan, but had generally lost a lot of interest in the game.
A working class man has more to do with his time to keep the family fed than watch millionaires play a game (or play guitar instead).
The TV contracts / advertising pay a lot of the NFL salary pool; this must add significantly to the price of the goods the rest of us pay.

Completely turned away with the kneeling thing.

Not knocking it for anyone else; enjoy it if it's your thing.
Old AGF since Feb. 2015; refugee of the Great MOMO Purge of May 2020.
Chocol8
Reactions:

peskypesky wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 4:43 pm Image

The introduction and development of helmets paved the way for brain injury, paralysis, etc.

This is what I wish the NFL would return to:
College players used to die in that era. I agree that the pads and helmets can give a false sense of invincibility, but there is probably a happy medium plus a ton of rule changes needed to make the game significantly safer.
Chocol8
Reactions:

uwmcscott wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 10:07 pm Well, that was pretty anticlimactic - Brady was good but KC's defense also pretty much gift wrapped that for them with all the boneheaded penalties. TB has a lot of good coordinators too, if Brady stays on next year they will be a contender again for sure.
It’s hard to call the penalties stupid since that’s how they got to be in the Super Bowl to begin with. The officials generally stop throwing flags in the post season and smart teams adjust to that, they have to. The Chiefs secondary smothered the Bills receivers by clutching hand fulls of jersey of every receiver on near every play, not to mention holding by the offensive line, and they got away with it and won easily because of it. The Bills receivers failed to either break free or, draw flags so they lost.

The Chiefs tried the same approach last night, and this time the officials threw flags, at least on the more egregious ones. They couldn’t clutch and grab without flags and couldn’t stop the Bucs without clutching and grabbing. That’s life. Adjust or lose.
Rollin Hand
Reactions:

Chocol8 wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 1:32 pm
uwmcscott wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 10:07 pm Well, that was pretty anticlimactic - Brady was good but KC's defense also pretty much gift wrapped that for them with all the boneheaded penalties. TB has a lot of good coordinators too, if Brady stays on next year they will be a contender again for sure.
It’s hard to call the penalties stupid since that’s how they got to be in the Super Bowl to begin with. The officials generally stop throwing flags in the post season and smart teams adjust to that, they have to. The Chiefs secondary smothered the Bills receivers by clutching hand fulls of jersey of every receiver on near every play, not to mention holding by the offensive line, and they got away with it and won easily because of it. The Bills receivers failed to either break free or, draw flags so they lost.

The Chiefs tried the same approach last night, and this time the officials threw flags, at least on the more egregious ones. They couldn’t clutch and grab without flags and couldn’t stop the Bucs without clutching and grabbing. That’s life. Adjust or lose.
I did end up watching a bit of it, and what impressed the hell out of me was Tampa's defence. Mahomes was making some incredible throws off the his back foot while falling down, but he was doing it because he had to. He left the pocket a lot, where Brady and Tampa looked cooly efficient.

And credit where credit is due, Brady...what do you say? Seven championships. I used to watch Montana and think I would not see better in my lifetime. Brady is less fun to watch, but he is better.
"I'm not a sore loser. It's just that I prefer to win, and when I don't, I get furious."
- Ron Swanson
peskypesky
Reactions:

Helmets don't eliminate concussions. It's time for the NFL to ditch them

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2019/ ... ditch-them
Banned by Momo
uwmcscott
Reactions:
Gearlist: A few LP's, a Strat, a Tele and a few acoustics.

Rollin Hand wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 5:27 pm And credit where credit is due, Brady...what do you say? Seven championships. I used to watch Montana and think I would not see better in my lifetime. Brady is less fun to watch, but he is better.
I can't remember what the play was, but KC95 got called for a penalty after the center from Tampa was getting in his face and he lost his cool. Romo made a comment that Brady knew exactly what was going on, and they showed a quick replay of Brady with a little smile on his face knowing he was getting under their skin. It's little things like that along with the physical skills and game knowledge that add up to great. Brett Favre used to do that all the time and it was fun as heck to watch. You don't see Brady break the robo-QB persona too often.
AGF Survivor Champ Emeritus (Ask TVVoodoo )
jam
Reactions:

peskypesky wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 4:43 pm Image

The introduction and development of helmets paved the way for brain injury, paralysis, etc.

This is what I wish the NFL would return to:
Ha ha! It's called Rugby!

The sport from which American football devolved.