The Spirit of Neil Peart

Post All Your Unrelated Stuff Here.
Rollin Hand
Reactions:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.rollin ... 10496/amp/

A great read about an extraordinary man and drummer.
"I'm not a sore loser. It's just that I prefer to win, and when I don't, I get furious."
- Ron Swanson
mozz
Reactions:

Very good look into who he was in all aspects of life. Thanks for that link. Will pass it on to other musicians at work.
AGF refugee
uwmcscott
Reactions:
Gearlist: A few LP's, a Strat, a Tele and a few acoustics.

He was one of a kind in more ways than just his musicianship. I've never read any of his books, I would like to do that sometime as well.
AGF Survivor Champ Emeritus (Ask TVVoodoo )
redman
Reactions:
Gearlist: Gibson LP, Agile PS900, SX Tele, SX Strat, PRS SE Zach Myers Yamaha FGX830c, Yamaha LL16, Yamaha LL26, Eastman E10D, Tobias Bass, Squire CV 60's P Bass

That was an excellent read thanks for sharing.
jam
Reactions:

Well written. Nice.
Rollin Hand
Reactions:

uwmcscott wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 10:19 pm He was one of a kind in more ways than just his musicianship. I've never read any of his books, I would like to do that sometime as well.
I was inspired to pick up a copy of "Ghost Rider" after reading that article. He was a wonderful writer, though I think it wil make me very sad. I don't deal.well with loss.
"I'm not a sore loser. It's just that I prefer to win, and when I don't, I get furious."
- Ron Swanson
exonerv
Reactions:

Good read..it captured something.

I really liked this particular passage:

(“You can do a lot in a lifetime,” he wrote in the lyrics to “Marathon,” one of Rush’s most powerful songs, “if you don’t burn out too fast.”) That was one of his signatures as a drummer, too, cramming an improbable amount of rhythmic information into each bar of music; he made his living by pushing the limits of time.
Rollin Hand
Reactions:

I finished Ghost Rider earlier this week, and I was wrong about it making me sad: it's more about healing and hope.

I can't imagine losing my entire family within 10 months. I am not sure that I would survive it. But he did, and had a good second act. I certainly would want to run away from wherever I was.
- Ron Swanson
bleys21
Reactions:

I'm in danger of losing my Rush card credentials, as I have not read Ghost Rider yet...I'll put it on the list of stuff to buy. That said, I agree, I'm not sure how anyone could survive that double blow...