You Know Your Beard is Getting Long When . . .

Post All Your Unrelated Stuff Here.
toomanycats
Reactions:

The waitress brings you your take-out box and this is written on it . . .

fullsizeoutput_b9f.jpeg

I had a gig last night at a brewery with my full band. Beer and food is included in the deal. Some of the guys come early and eat first, and others eat between sets. Timing your order so it arrives between sets is a dicey proposition and I don't even try doing that anymore. I personally like to drink early and order my food to go during the last break. That way it arrives before the end of the last set and I can eat while driving home. That's exactly what I did last night. The waitress left it on my side of the stage and I hurriedly loaded it in the car with the rest of my gear.

In the darkness of the car on the way home I'm chomping on this burger and nibbling on fries. It was really cold last night so I brought my guitars in but left the food in the car, as it would be as good as putting it in the fridge. This morning I go out to the car to retrieve the food to warm up for breakfast and I finally see what the waitress/kitchen staff wrote on the take-out container. :lol:

Anyways, I'm out the door right this second to play a show at Lake Norman Brewery in Denver, North Carolina. Come on out if you're in the area, I'm playing from 1-4 PM. It's a benefit for animal rescue. There's good beer and good looking wealthy ladies who live on the lake. :D

fullsizeoutput_b9e.jpeg
“There are only two means of refuge from the miseries of life: Music and Cats!” Albert Schweitzer
fullonshred
Reactions:

Funny stuff. Maybe she meant your guitar wizardry.

You know your beard is really long when it keeps getting stuck in your belt buckle.

or- when you keep stepping on it.
mark_morton
Reactions:

Bad ass beard
mozz
Reactions:

One of my favorite songs when i was about 20.
Black_Sabbath_debut_album.jpg
Black_Sabbath_debut_album.jpg (56.74 KiB) Viewed 1658 times
AGF refugee
bleys21
Reactions:

Get some grey in that beard, and they'll start writing "Gandalf" on your to-go boxes :-)
Chocol8
Reactions:

My beard has too much grey to let it go more than a few days. So, I now need to shave until I get old and grey becomes acceptable. BTW, I am currently younger than TMC, but I am catching up fast!
bleys21
Reactions:

Lol, same here, except I'm fighting the "old and respectable" idea. If I had half the beard that TMC has, they'd be writing "Santa" on my to-go box!
Raindog
Reactions:

Forget the coloring, go white, baby! If we are keeping track of ages, I am 59. My beard has been white for over 15 years.
gary_white_beard.jpg
Forget the coloring, go white, baby!
jtcnj
Reactions:

Wizard!
Gotta love it.

Wish i was close enough to attend.

I always liked the George Carlin bit:

"See my beard; aint it weird?
Dont be scared, its just a beard."
Old AGF since Feb. 2015; refugee of the Great MOMO Purge of May 2020.
LancerTheGreat
Reactions:
Gearlist: -Guitars-
Gibson Dave Mustaine Flying V EXP
ESP LTD DV8R Dave Mustaine Signature Model
ESP LTD V401DX
Agile AL3100
Kit Explorer
Jackson JS32RR
TWANG Tele
Samick Strat
Firefly Semi-Hollow Tele
Globe Dove Copy

-Amps-
Orange OR-15 (Head)
EVH 112 (Cabinet)
Bugera 1960 Infinium (Head)
Bugera 412 (Cabinet)
Peavey VTX Classic 212 (Combo)
Laney Mini-ST Lionheart Practice Amp

Y'all got some serious beards going on here, I'll just keep my shaggy little selfies to myself to save you guys the pain 🤣
~Formerly LookingDownTheCross~
RokDog
Reactions:

mazel tov !

Is the ultimate a ZZ Top reference ?
peskypesky
Reactions:

that "wizard" thing is hilarious

and your beard is stunning

i myself would have a white beard like saruman if i grew it out...but the hair on my head is still mostly brown....so it would look really weird.

this is from earlier in the year:
82289940_10158156389367065_3285574256871604224_o.jpg
Banned by Momo
glasshand
Reactions:

I really thought the answer was going to be "When you start having to decide whether it goes over or under your bedcovers"!

I had mine long-ish for a while, but it gets so curly it's really hard to manage.
image.png
toomanycats
Reactions:

glasshand wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 2:27 pm
I had mine long-ish for a while, but it gets so curly it's really hard to manage.

image.png
I have to carry around two hair ties on my wrist now, one is for my hair and the other for my beard. I don't even think about eating without tying up my beard, and certain foods are now completely out of the question. Yogurt and pudding are off the menu. I generally don't like food in my beard, though I admit that I enjoy the way a creamy head of Guinness lathers my beard and then afterwords dries to a sweet, malty, barley scented crust. :lol:
“There are only two means of refuge from the miseries of life: Music and Cats!” Albert Schweitzer
mark_morton
Reactions:

My addition. Been growing it out for a while now. Image
uwmcscott
Reactions:
Gearlist: A few LP's, a Strat, a Tele and a few acoustics.

mark_morton wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 3:31 pm My addition. Been growing it out for a while now. Image
Damn..that's a lot of wattage behind you.

Looks like you must have actually gotten a trim since last time you were seen on stage though

AGF Survivor Champ Emeritus (Ask TVVoodoo )