Some familiar names are very quiet...

Post All Your Unrelated Stuff Here.
MattS
Reactions:

jtcnj wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 2:04 pm Hey all!
I have been busy mostly yelling at kids to get off my lawn, and work (essential) has been busy.
I have not been GASsing for anything and also just laying low and not spending.
I mostly visit here during the work day as time allows, sometimes at home when I want to listen to audio you guys post.

Been playing for an hour or so most days, focusing on improving technique; getting better at playing stuff I already know.
Timing, string ring outs and muting, etc.

Never enough time as there are always home to-do lists that never end, and I have been working throughout except for some Fridays we were furloughed early on.

Been hugging and telling my family and dogs I love them even more often.

Hope all you that have experienced challenges come through ok.
Be well, and try to "live a little" each day, my friends.
Thank you, jtcnj! You made me literally laugh out loud, and I really needed that.

Matt
MichaelR
Reactions:

I've been quiet due to lots of things, winterizing while dealing with kidney stones lately has been an issue. Sister looking like she's needing to move in due to her not being able to get along with anyone, which is the last thing I want. Tree looking like it may fall on my house and so on.
DonM
Reactions:

MattS wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 11:04 pm
DonM wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 12:07 am My wife passed away, I had cancer, and the Covid flu-thing all hit at the same time. I would certainly like to forget this year.
I'm very sorry to hear about your loss and suffering, @DonM . I can't really imagine what you are going through, but just thinking about it and imagining myself in your place makes my heart hurt and brings tears to my eyes. I'm very sorry.

Matt
Thanks Matt. I’m doing pretty good now.
DonM
Reactions:

fullonshred wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 9:27 pm
DonM wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 12:07 am My wife passed away, I had cancer, and the Covid flu-thing all hit at the same time. I would certainly like to forget this year.
I am really sorry Don, for all of it. You seem like a good dude to me, and I hope you have better days ahead. Prayers and best wishes coming your way.
Thank you.
SalteeDog
Reactions:

Sorry for your loss [mention]DonM[/mention] .

I haven't checked in here that much recently. Changed jobs in summer and have been very busy since. Was busy before it too. Took no vacations at all this year. Not been playing much guitar although I did start learning to play stuff in DADGAD tuning and that has provided a spark.

COVID is depressing in a slow insidious way . The only thing really keeping me sane is continuing to coach kids sports. Yeah, there are all the extra controls and paperwork etc. but it keeps me grounded, gets me out running in the open air and hearing children's laughter is a tonic.
JeffBeck
Reactions:

That's terrible, man. I'm sorry you're having to go through those awful trials in addition to this crappy year. Makes my little woes seem insubstantial and silly.

Hope you can hang in there and keep yourself healthy, and I hope for better days ahead for you.
jtcnj
Reactions:

@DonM
Sorry for your loss.
My wife's uncle we were close to was taken by the COVID in June.
Ya, 2020 go F yourself.
Old AGF since Feb. 2015; refugee of the Great MOMO Purge of May 2020.
UrenragK
Reactions:

Very sorry to hear @DonM , my thoughts with you.
tobijohn
Reactions:

My excuse is I've been focusing on trading Forex and equity options the last year or so and the research really sucks up the time and energy. That and wasting some more of it on following the Bears/NFL doesn't leave much. I've had a couple guitars sitting on the dining room table for the last six months waiting for pickup and harness upgrades (and there's about three dozen more after those). I've still managed to find time though to spend money I shouldn't on more guitars...
Delightful mix of insolence, arrogance and narcissism
Republican moderate trapped in a heavy metal chassis
Growing up, only kid in the neighborhood with an Uncle Ahkbar