Who would this "Administrator" at the old forum be?

Post All Your Unrelated Stuff Here.
mickey
Reactions:

JimyTheAssassin wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 3:50 pm I read through some of Jae’s twitter feed. It’s littered with articles about building a base of followers to build your product. A couple talk about building it from content. One i read through talked about how other apps built their followings. One technique is infiltrating a community and gaining street cred before spreading news about a great new product. It looks like a major fuck up from our point of view but he’s been studying this subject for a long time.

Guitar forums aren’t his only target, although he loves Dave Gilmore. I bet that’s bull too. It appears he has aspirations to take over all forums.
Fixed it for you. :)
JimyTheAssassin
Reactions:

What did you fix ? Heh. I can’t find it
AGF refugee11/30/08-5/28/20 (8,502 posts)
Bubba Zanetti
Reactions:
Gearlist: Let's talk about my Eko's...

mickey wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 3:52 pm
JimyTheAssassin wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 3:50 pm I read through some of Jae’s twitter feed. It’s littered with articles about building a base of followers to build your product. A couple talk about building it from content. One i read through talked about how other apps built their followings. One technique is infiltrating a community and gaining street cred before spreading news about a great new product. It looks like a major fuck up from our point of view but he’s been studying this subject for a long time.

Guitar forums aren’t his only target, although he loves Dave Gilmore. I bet that’s bull too. It appears he has aspirations to take over all forums.
Beat me to it!
In the Midnight Hour she Cried MoMoMo
Bubba Zanetti
Reactions:

JimyTheAssassin wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 3:56 pm What did you fix ? Heh. I can’t find it
63DFCAD0-9539-41D0-B3D0-963890F60507.jpeg
Chocol8
Reactions:

Come on people, it’s Dave not David and Gilmore not Gilmour. Get them BOTH right...or is it wrong?
Bubba Zanetti
Reactions:

Chocol8 wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 4:03 pm Come on people, it’s Dave not David and Gilmore not Gilmour. Get them BOTH right...or is it wrong?
Exactly!...In a perfect MOMO world, it’s “Dave”, yet, no one is really sure what the real last name is...hence the first MOMO AGF related meme: “Dave Gilmxxx”

Fill in the suffix as you see fit...
Houblues
Reactions:

Read this wiki on MOMO Software - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Momo_(software). Then refer to my post a few back in this thread. I think what we are seeing is just the tip of an international iceberg.
Bubba Zanetti
Reactions:

Houblues wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 4:15 pm

Read this wiki on MOMO Software - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Momo_(software). Then refer to my post a few back in this thread. I think what we are seeing is just the tip of an international iceberg.
Here’s the last paragraph describing MOMO:

“Relationships

Although Momo is widely considered as a social media application, there are claims that meetings on Momo resulted in marriage.”
mickey
Reactions:

Bubba Zanetti wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 4:18 pm

“Relationships

Although Momo is widely considered as a social media application, there are claims that meetings on Momo resulted in marriage.”
I won't marry you Bubba, tho jeffbeck might? :lol:
PoodlesAgain
Reactions:

;) It is time to call your elected officials...!

Amazing the number of companies that want to get into your panties.
The other farm cats didn’t super love him but the chickens thought he was alright so he became a chicken.
Houblues
Reactions:

The story on the dating app. Caused quite a furor in China apparently - https://www.fool.com/investing/2019/05/ ... inder.aspx
JeffBeck
Reactions:

mickey wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 4:21 pm

“Relationships

I’ll have you know that not only am I short and fat, I am also bald. I’m quite the catch.
Bubba Zanetti
Reactions:

Chocol8 wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 4:03 pm Come on people, it’s Dave not David and Gilmore not Gilmour. Get them BOTH right...or is it wrong?
The best way to avoid confusion:
82CEC2CC-3AB3-4B66-B9DB-F392E1FF5031.jpeg
Houblues
Reactions:

JeffBeck wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 4:31 pm
mickey wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 4:21 pm

“Relationships

I’ll have you know that not only am I short and fat, I am also bald. I’m quite the catch.
Don't be fooled - he only want's your guitars!
Chocol8
Reactions:

I do not believe MOMO Networks dba Momo Boards is the same MOMO as the Chinese software company. MOMO Networks was formed on 2009 and was funded by Korean angel investors and a now defunct Soel-NYC VC firm DEV. It looks like MOMO has gone through several failed iterations in the past including some sort or ill conceived blockchain community before attempting to become MOMO Boards and get into the the forum theft and spyware business. They do not appear to be a large well funded Chinese operation at all.
TVvoodoo
Reactions:

a new guy to hate on

https://fortune.com/2014/11/03/the-guys ... as-tinder/

what I don't get is this momo outfit is supposed to be a MONSTER player, trying to take on WeChat.
- the article linked says MOMO had 60 MILLION active users, in 2014 they nearly doubled that to 114 million
how can they not get a fairly simple guitar forum to work? Maybe it's the porting.

I don't think we can write those guys off as "know-nothings" maybe its the cultural transference

interesting info
https://expandedramblings.com/index.php ... tatistics/
Endless source of eye-rolling dad jokes, aspiring empty-nester, custom strap-maker https://reverb.com/ca/shop/well-hung-guitar-accessories
Houblues
Reactions:

Chocol8 wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 5:04 pm I do not believe MOMO Networks dba Momo Boards is the same MOMO as the Chinese software company. MOMO Networks was formed on 2009 and was funded by Korean angel investors and a now defunct Soel-NYC VC firm DEV. It looks like MOMO has gone through several failed iterations in the past including some sort or ill conceived blockchain community before attempting to become MOMO Boards and get into the the forum theft and spyware business. They do not appear to be a large well funded Chinese operation at all.
That is a good distinction, which seems correct when I follow it. When I go that way I see three employees, although estimated capitalization of $1.6 million. In this case, it seems a matter of a person or two with some ability to get capital, huge ideas about aggregating communities by crudely cramming people onto a platform, and zero ability to execute in a socially useful way.
Blackened
Reactions:

mickey wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 3:50 pm What was the guitar Rondo did with the upside-down cross inlays?
It was designed by the guy with famous tone.
It was a reaper V and "Azrael" was the "Artist" behind it.

Here's a blast from the past:

https://web.archive.org/web/20071023061 ... zrael.html

I liked the guitar, but the guy was hokey. Interestingly, in this picture he doesn't have the inlays, just dots.

Here is the Guitar you were thinking of: https://web.archive.org/web/20080618100 ... black.html

Rondo was never very good at getting artists. I've heard some of what they (Not just this guy) put out... It's bad. :shock:

EDIT: https://www.soundclick.com/artist/defau ... ID=1131703
Love the drum track off a 1987 Casio keyboard... :roll:

Even funnier, he fancies himself a WWF wrestler:
Chocol8
Reactions:

Houblues wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 5:24 pm
Chocol8 wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 5:04 pm I do not believe MOMO Networks dba Momo Boards is the same MOMO as the Chinese software company. MOMO Networks was formed on 2009 and was funded by Korean angel investors and a now defunct Soel-NYC VC firm DEV. It looks like MOMO has gone through several failed iterations in the past including some sort or ill conceived blockchain community before attempting to become MOMO Boards and get into the the forum theft and spyware business. They do not appear to be a large well funded Chinese operation at all.
That is a good distinction, which seems correct when I follow it. When I go that way I see three employees, although estimated capitalization of $1.6 million.
Most of that capital was raised in 2009 through 2012. I doubt there is much if any of that left. They must have some new capital to be paying Dan F and Major Cocksucker but it is hard to tell.
msc_
Reactions:

JimyTheAssassin
Reactions:

They do have a k-pop forum (btw or something) with some 5k members. That explains all the Korean threads that popped up when I tried some searches on MOMO board as I investigated it. But there’s also a few teacher forums That have a few hand fulls of members. I don’t see any consistency in their focus yet
AGF refugee11/30/08-5/28/20 (8,502 posts)
TVvoodoo
Reactions:

Here's a funny i found, funny 'cause it's true

Also a couple of "angel" investors? Not sure what that means gonna go look that up

Endless source of eye-rolling dad jokes, aspiring empty-nester, custom strap-maker https://reverb.com/ca/shop/well-hung-guitar-accessories
PsychoCid
Reactions:

What if the reason for the takeover wasn't to acquire our community or our data, but to shut it down?
toomanycats
Reactions:

recrd.jpeg
“There are only two means of refuge from the miseries of life: Music and Cats!” Albert Schweitzer
TVvoodoo
Reactions:

PsychoCid wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 6:20 pm What if the reason for the takeover wasn't to acquire our community or our data, but to shut it down?
watch them buy out enthused or something. I wonder what the cumulative value of that network of site might be worth
if Aguitarforum was "valued" at 30K

It's like a digital land grab. Patrick is probably already fielding offers :o

we should remain on the lookout is similar gear forums assimilations are attempted and recruit them - The Borg must be stopped!