Wish I had'na sold/lost/had ripped off …

Post All Your Unrelated Stuff Here.
t100d
Reactions:
Gearlist: '62 Guild T100D Slim Jim
'76 Ibanez 2405 Custom Agent
2004 Ibanez SA220EX
2009 Douglas WNO 630
2019 Peavey JF1
2021 Indio Retro Tele

'70 Gianninni Craviola

Córdoba Mini II EB-CE
Aria A542F
Takamine TC132SC
Rivera BC-394C

'70's Hohner PJ fretless bass
'84 Ibanez Roadstar II bass w/ SX Ursa neck

YouRock Midi guitar

Fender Acoustasonic 40
Fender Mustang III
Vox DA5
Monoprice 40W SS w/ 10" speaker

TDPRI has a thread called "Gear You'd Like To Have Back?"

Seems we used to have something similar, so here's my first contribution …

Guild Starfire XII
Paracho Elite Cuban Tres (heavily modded)
Hofner President with sliding pickups (?!?)
'51 Tele with very low serial #, (beat to hell, but now I know enough to fix it … )
Twin Reverb (but only if I can regrow the muscles to haul it!)
an old Epiphone archtop with a single antique pickup (maybe 1940's?)
"Anyone who understands jazz knows that you can't understand it. It's too complicated. That's what's so simple about it."
pratteman
Reactions:

1987 Gibson Les Paul Standard
1970s Gibson 335
1964 Epiphone Pacemaker

1972 Dodge Charger and college girlfriend

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

"No matter where you go, there you are."
AGF Refugee-5159
BrianSkeezer
Reactions:

Yeah.....I guess I have to get rid of something to be able to want it back. :roll:
glasshand
Reactions:

- Vox Lil' Night Train (they're now going for ridiculous prices, but that was a good practice amp)
- maybe the Marshall SL-5 (awesome sound, but I still remember why I sold it: big and heavy for what it was, no effects loop)
- maybe the Jet City JCA22H (because I've found myself jonesing for a moderate-wattage tube amp again despite the fact I absolutely don't need one)
- Squier Jaguar bass (OK, so I do like the Thunderbird I have instead, but the Jaguar was really good-looking and sounded good too, and was slightly less aircraft-carrier-sized)
uwmcscott
Reactions:
Gearlist: A few LP's, a Strat, a Tele and a few acoustics.

* Agile AD201 TVY ( twice )
* Agile AL3110 black beauty w/blocks
* GIbson SG Classic P90
AGF Survivor Champ Emeritus (Ask TVVoodoo )
Rollin Hand
Reactions:

Ibanez Roadstar/ RG410. Stolen. My only guitar for 16 years. I still hope to get her back.
"I'm not a sore loser. It's just that I prefer to win, and when I don't, I get furious."
- Ron Swanson
Flatline
Reactions:

I had a Fender '72 Telecaster Thinline reissue made in Japan that I bought new in 1998 while still in high school. I sold it around 2007-2008 on eBay. I wasn't playing much at the time and needed money to pay bills after my son was born. Of all the gear I've been through over the years, that guitar is the only one I wish I would have kept.
mickey
Reactions:

There is only one. In 1962 I bought a 1962 J-45 Gibson & kept it until 1982.
I traded it on a 1982 D-28 Martin.
While the D-28 is a great guitar, the J-45 was a lot better.
I have regretted trading off the J-45 ever since.
At least until a couple of years ago when I had the chance to get a custom bubinga J-45.
Funny thing is the 1962 J-45 was $125 of which $15 was for the case.
I think I paid $20 down and $5 per week until it was paid for.

The custom J-45 was used and co$t $4000.
Gandalf the Intonationer
msc_
Reactions:

I built a parts strat a few years ago with a Fender MIM sage green body. I traded it to KDawg who traded it to Gagoosh. From there, I believe it was sold or traded outside of the AGF. I tried to find another sage green body in that condition for years with no luck so I could build another. At times I feel like I’m over it, but at times I wish I had it back.

I also had a Fender Marauder in LPB that I sometimes wish I still had. Those things are nearly impossible to come by these days And are going for crazy money.
fullonshred
Reactions:

I was on a very limited income on the front end of my gear journey. The only things I have ever gotten rid of was back then when I had to trade in what I had to get anything new. I would like to have all of it back if I had the room, and could have "mine", not the same thing someone else owned.

Blonde Tokai Strat would be high on the list, as would be the little Marhsall Lead 12 practice amp. But then too would like to have back my Diamond by Aria Jet Axe guitar and the Crate 65th Anniversary Amp and Extension Cabinet. in the Special Blue Carpet. Only one I don't care much about would be that very first amp, a little 10 watt Gorilla with an 8" speaker.

Now stuff I passed on? There would definitely be some of that. By far topping the list is the 1980's Les Paul Custom that I took home and did an amazing set up on. I couldn't really afford it, but the local Music Store owner would have worked it out for me in payments. Oh well, I got too much gear now, but it is just enough.
Mossman
Reactions:

I don't regret anything I sold except maybe my original Agile AD-2200. I don't think I'll ever come across another one of those, and Kurt is incapable of reissuing it the way it originally was, so that one's lost to me.

I kinda regret selling my Yamaha BB300 bass.

[not mine, but mine was just like it]

It was the first "real" (i.e.; name-brand) bass I ever owned, and the first one I picked out and bought myself... and it was pretty expensive to me. It cost the princely sum of $350 new (but this was 1984 dollars... $350 wasn't "cheap", yo!). I traded in my old bass - a beat-up, no-name, POS of unknown vintage from Japan ("back when 'Made in Japan' really meant something!"), and added $300 cash of my own. My teacher said it was a pro level bass and that my choice showed "great discernment" for my age... :D

I think I was 15 years old when I bought it, and I had it for about 10 years. It was my only bass (the days before GAS!), and I eventually gigged with it when I started playing in bar bands, and I did a little session work with it too. It was as good as any Fender P-bass (engineers loved it when I brought it in the studio), but I didn't appreciate it as much as I should have, and was always knocking it and trying to find things wrong with it (that were all in my head, according to everybody else who ever played/heard the bass). I just thought it was boring, and while it had a pretty broad tonal range for a P-style bass (the "BB" stands for "Broad Bass". I think that's what they meant :-) ), I couldn't get the growly, aggressive, articulate tone that all my bass heroes had, and I eventually drifted into playing keyboards more, and the bass got forgotten.

Before I moved to Flagstaff, AZ, I did a purge of my material possessions and either sold or gave away almost all of my stuff, and by the day before I was going to leave, I still hadn't sold or given away the bass, so I took it down to a mom & pop guitar shop (that doesn't exist anymore), and sold it to the owner for fiddy bucks. I don't even think there were any strings on the bass at that point, and it looked pretty grungy from play an neglect. But I was off on a new adventure, and I didn't really care. It had become just another physical object weighing me down. I figured I'd get another, "better" bass at some point, but I had other plans at the moment.

Now, whenever i see a used one in a store (usually a pawn shop), I kinda wish I had one. I'd probably refinish it, and maybe make a pickguard for it (I always thought they looked boring without a PG). I've been tempted a couple of times to buy one, but those pawn shops want as much for them as they cost new, and I guess I just don't want one bad enough to haggle. :lol: But they do sound great.
Finally escaping the People's Republic of Kalifornia!

BANNED BY MOMO
rrobbone
Reactions:

"I nevah look back, dahling, it detracts from ze now." - Edna Mode

I don't regret any selling or thinning I initiated - and I've initiated all but one...

Capture1.JPG

Dammit man, I hated pawning this guitar. I offered to help out a friend once, and he gifted me one just like this in gratitude. I tried to refuse it, but he had stopped playing completely and insisted I keep it. I dug the guitar, and bestowed "keeper status" upon it. It was mint, and included case and candy.

Then life happened. I fell into financial difficulty during our custody battle, and it had to go. I pawned it for grocery money/bills. Of course, I got nowhere near what it was worth to me - but it had to be done.

I did gain something from it, however - a lesson more valuable than the guitar: Good deeds follow you around. I don't know what I would've done if I hadn't had that guitar to sell, which I only ever had because I did something to help someone else.
"What is this place? Where am I?"