What do you want to build?

Show members what you're up to! Get tips, tricks and advice.
Rollin Hand
Reactions:

Like the title says, what project guitar do you want to build? I have wanted to do a Jem for a long time, but I just read Brian May's Red Special book, so now I have eyes for that.

But because I am weird, I want to do the version with the Kahler that Guild made back in the 80s.

What is your next or dream build?
"I'm not a sore loser. It's just that I prefer to win, and when I don't, I get furious."
- Ron Swanson
mickey
Reactions:

Only thing I want to build is a fortune larger than Elon Musk's. :D
Gandalf the Intonationer
deeaa
Reactions:

Another V at some point....I've got eight vees and one SG which I'm still working on, but ...I have a bit of GAS still to build a V with best possible materials. That would mean Precision Guitars kits, but those are quite expensive, and with added tax and shipping from Canada that self made guitar would cost clearly more than any of my current ones. But still, I do have that dream.

Sent from my M2103K19G using Tapatalk

--
Grunge lives!
Web presences:
https://www.facebook.com/deeheikkinen/
YouTube.com/deeaa
http://www.mosfite.com (redirects to Google site)
mozz
Reactions:

Norman Greenbaum tele. Maybe this summer.
AGF refugee
tonebender
Reactions:
Gearlist: Fav: Gibson LP and Gibson Goldtone Amp. Other gear: Gretsch, Peavey, Taylor and more.

I do not have any desire to build another guitar. I have put together many over the years. It was always bolt on Fender style guitars or actual Fender guitars out together from gathered parts. When we had the farm I could do woodwork projects, painting, etc. Now I am not set up for that in our new home. The only way I would build again is if I too suddenly had an Elon Musk size bank account. I would buy Gibson and then I would be a builder of fine guitars.
"Will follow through with a transaction when the terms are agreed upon" almightybunghole
Rollin Hand
Reactions:

deeaa wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 12:05 am Another V at some point....I've got eight vees and one SG which I'm still working on, but ...I have a bit of GAS still to build a V with best possible materials. That would mean Precision Guitars kits, but those are quite expensive, and with added tax and shipping from Canada that self made guitar would cost clearly more than any of my current ones. But still, I do have that dream.

Sent from my M2103K19G using Tapatalk
My next build (because it's been sitting in my basement for 2 years) is a dismantled Peavey Vortex 2 that I got for $150. Including the USA Kahler.

Mine needs a minor body repair and paint, but is otherwise a kit waiting to be assembled. I am thinking about a black sparkle finish.
"I'm not a sore loser. It's just that I prefer to win, and when I don't, I get furious."
- Ron Swanson
Partscaster
Reactions:

Im sort of all built up right now, what with my recent Nashville tuning strat, my Sitar strat, and my H/p90/H strat.
I think I'm leaning more towards an unnecessary pickup buying spree.
"The man that hath no music in himself, nor is not moved with concord of sweet sounds, is fit for treasons, stratagems, and spoils. The motions of his spirit are dull as night, and his affections dark as Erebus. Let no such man be trusted."
glasshand
Reactions:

Noooo, do not encourage me! But maybe a single-humbucker LP type, probably a gold top, very minimal.
tlarson58
Reactions:
Gearlist: A tele, a bass and a bunch of other stuff.

An amp. I don't know what kind but I think that I would enjoy doing it with somebody who knew what they were doing. I coulld hold tools, measure things, get coffee, etc.
Tommy Larson
Steamboat Springs, CO
BatUtilityBelt
Reactions:

Traditional Jaguar with a transparent finish. It's fit-assembled and playable (and fun), but not finished yet. I'm a little afraid of screwing up the finish, so I've spent time experimenting on less important things.