Johnny Ramone Mosrite Clone

Show members what you're up to! Get tips, tricks and advice.
Lamf77
Reactions:

Thanks for all the help with the zero fret. It was key to getting this done. The original guitar had a shim in the neck because the nut was plastic and cut for crap. The new nut and string bar solved the issue. No need for the neck shim. I put a DiMarzio FS-1 in the bridge, a must. Ileft the original neck pickup since Johnny never used his anyway. The original bridge was sh#t and I had never seen anything like it. Then I somehow came across a Rickenbacker bridge and realize that is what Sun Tzu (joke) originally installed on this guitar...although an extremely cheap knock off. I grabbed a better AllParts version of the bridge and was ready to go.
So new nut, string bar, Wilkinson Grover Clones, DiMarzio FS-1 and AllParts bridge. I was bothered by the fact the strings did not line up over the pole pieces on the bridge pickup. I remembered Tim's lesson on 50 and 52 mm bridge pickups. I figured when Ramone replaced the original bridge pickup with a strat pickup...it just turned out this way. A picture of his original guitar comfirmed it. So for about $275 total...it turned out really nice, considering I was doing all the work! Just need to grab a silver top bell knob for the tone!
Picture proof!
Attachments
done front.jpg
NewNut.jpg
ramone.jpg
Buddha Pickups
Reactions:

That's awesome 👌
tonebender
Reactions:
Gearlist: Fav: Gibson LP and Gibson Goldtone Amp. Other gear: Gretsch, Peavey, Taylor and more.

Awesome guitar!

I had a Univox Mosrite copy back in the day. I played it a lot because it was thin, therefore light weight and was very comfortable to play. It sounded great through and old Univox tube head into a cab loaded with a vintage 15" JBL speaker. That was an awesome rig that I used exclusively when playing for a singer songwriter here locally. The guy wrote great tunes, very Americana and I had freedom to come up with what I thought was appropriate for the song. He was my Tom Petty and I was his Mike Campbell.
"Will follow through with a transaction when the terms are agreed upon" almightybunghole
toomanycats
Reactions:

I recently forced mrs tmc to watch Rock 'n' Roll High School with me. It's so far out of her wheelhouse, but she really enjoyed it. She thought it was like an edgier, more raw Fast Times at Ridgemont High. I love the Ramones, and especially Johnny with his Mosrite.

Your guitar came out great! Congrats!
“There are only two means of refuge from the miseries of life: Music and Cats!” Albert Schweitzer
jhull54
Reactions:

The Ramones--literally--changed my life.
Rollin Hand
Reactions:

Nice job on the guitar. Now, repeat after me:

“ONE TWO THREE FAW!”

toomanycats wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2023 9:55 am I recently forced mrs tmc to watch Rock 'n' Roll High School with me. It's so far out of her wheelhouse, but she really enjoyed it. She thought it was like an edgier, more raw Fast Times at Ridgemont High. I love the Ramones, and especially Johnny with his Mosrite.
Loved that movie. I still wonder how in blazes they convinced the Ramones to be in it.
"I'm not a sore loser. It's just that I prefer to win, and when I don't, I get furious."
- Ron Swanson