May plans?

Show members what you're up to! Get tips, tricks and advice.
tlarson58
Reactions:
Gearlist: A tele, a bass and a bunch of other stuff.

Guitar-wise and other things?
  • I'd like to book a gig for early June and use May's four rehersals to tighten up a setlist.
  • Camping once the snow melts and the roads become passable.
Tommy Larson
Steamboat Springs, CO
deeaa
Reactions:

New single is coming out the 1st so I need to also make and release a video for it.

Would be great to have a gig, but where is the question...don't have the money to book a venue and it makes no sense anyway, would probably draw a dozen or two people max. All the local bars are booked to next Xmas or so, so the only option is to come across a warm-up act slot and hope it won't cost too much.

Certainly miss the old days when not everyone and their uncle had a band or two...just plain almost as impossible to get a gig as it is to get noticed on Spotify with 10,000 new releases every day.

But, well, no extra plans. Finish up the school year, a few big teacher binge drinking parties coming up before the summer holiday as per usual, gotta change the oils in the cars and service the camper trailer, finish up yard work...just felled one tree and chopped it to firewood this morning. The biggest spring yard stuff is done already.

Gotta take the dog to some shows as well in May, need to get some merits if we're to breed her some day.

That's about all....mostly work and drinking :-)
--
Grunge lives!
Web presences:
https://www.facebook.com/deeheikkinen/
YouTube.com/deeaa
http://www.mosfite.com (redirects to Google site)
andrewsrea
Reactions:
Gearlist: 28 Guitars: (2) basses, (2) acoustics, (3) hollow bodies, (3) Semi hollow, (1) Double-neck, (17) Solid-bodies

* Home chores before it gets hot, including a little vegetable garden.
* Finnish restoring my grandfather's Silvertone lapsteel.
* Finish pedal board #3 (for my AMI 20 and AMI Blonde), which includes building a power supply and tweaking some pedals.
* Finish two songs and practice!
* Stay ahead of repairs and projects for friends and clients. They seem to come in squalls and I get backlogged.
Live life to the fullest! - Rob
mickey
Reactions:

Be alive in June.
Gandalf the Intonationer
tonebender
Reactions:
Gearlist: Fav: Gibson LP and Gibson Goldtone Amp. Other gear: Gretsch, Peavey, Taylor and more.

I am hoping to finally break through the 200 barrier. I am hovering at 202-203 for the last few weeks after losing over 50 lbs since November 1st.
"Will follow through with a transaction when the terms are agreed upon" almightybunghole
Partscaster
Reactions:

I'm gonna work as many hours as I can, and keep playing guitar at home.
Plant my garden..veggies. Hopefully start riding my mtn bike.
Maybe by June the trio feels good enough to play out.
"The man that hath no music in himself, nor is not moved with concord of sweet sounds, is fit for treasons, stratagems, and spoils. The motions of his spirit are dull as night, and his affections dark as Erebus. Let no such man be trusted."