Acoustic Treatment Panels

Show members what you're up to! Get tips, tricks and advice.
Tiga
Reactions:

I've finally finished building all of the acoustic panels for my basement. I use part of the basement for a home theater and some of it for other things (like working out, games, and guitar practice). Some of the panels are solid color and meant to blend into certain walls (like the projector screen wall) but the others I wanted to have pictures to jazz up the decor of the space. I built them out of 1x4's and Rockwool insulation. The backs are covered in spandex and the front is either covered in a felt fabric or printed scenes that I had made. Here are some pictures of what I ended up with. I have to say that the addition of acoustic treatments made the most noticeable improvements in my listening space than any other equipment. Hope you like them!
IMG_8344.jpg
IMG_8346.jpg
IMG_8429.jpg
IMG_8430.jpg
IMG_8431.jpg
Tiga
Reactions:

Here are a few more.
IMG_8432.jpg
IMG_8433.jpg
IMG_8717.jpg
IMG_8718.jpg
IMG_8751.jpg
IMG_8752.jpg
IMG_8753.jpg
Mossman
Reactions:

That's way cool! How did you print those?
Finally escaping the People's Republic of Kalifornia!

BANNED BY MOMO
Tiga
Reactions:

I found the high resolution images online, mostly from Moviemania.io but a few other places too. Worked them with some photo software to adjust their size to the frames I was making and to add a black surround that would cover the sides of the frames once stretched over them. I uploaded to MyFabricDesigns to have them printed on a cotton fabric. I'm real happy with the way they turned out. I really believe now that with any listening experience it's half the equipment and half the room.
Milkman
Reactions:

Very nice! I’m impressed and jealous that you have a well treated listening space!
"Everything works if you let it." - Travis W. Redfish

Joined AGF April 10, 2013
Chocol8
Reactions:

Very nice! I made rock wool treatments for my theater/music room back when I converted it and they really do make a HUGE difference. Mine are mostly decorative fabric, nowhere near as cool as yours!
Partscaster
Reactions:

No life size pics of Jimi, or whomever rocker heroes?
It does look good.
I once built many panels to quiet down a public dining room with big lofty cathedral ceilings.
"The man that hath no music in himself, nor is not moved with concord of sweet sounds, is fit for treasons, stratagems, and spoils. The motions of his spirit are dull as night, and his affections dark as Erebus. Let no such man be trusted."