The slow build thread - my first ever build

Show members what you're up to! Get tips, tricks and advice.
ronnx
Reactions:
Gearlist: Agile, Squier, Ibanez, Italia, Fender., Peavey, Epiphone and Partscasters.

Pardon my ignorance. Would someone please define "pub" versus "bar" and "tavern"? Not being funny, just would how you view it. Thanks.
Mossman
Reactions:

ronnx wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 1:16 pm Pardon my ignorance. Would someone please define "pub" versus "bar" and "tavern"? Not being funny, just would how you view it. Thanks.
The way I understand it is; "pubs" and "taverns" are typically characterized by the fact that they serve food, and offer lodging. The term: "tavern" took over "inn" in popularity, but the two words were used interchangeably. "Pub" is short for "Public House", which is pretty much the same thing as a "tavern". There is also a general "look and feel" to a pub. They're typically smaller and more rustic, and offer games like darts, billiards (snooker), backgammon, etc. It's really an artifact of a bygone time. They weren't places to go and dance, and listen to live music and be seen. They were places where people would congregate with other members of their community and discuss the matters of the day... and get drunk. :D

The American revolution was planned in pubs and taverns.
Finally escaping the People's Republic of Kalifornia!

BANNED BY MOMO
ronnx
Reactions:
Gearlist: Agile, Squier, Ibanez, Italia, Fender., Peavey, Epiphone and Partscasters.

Thanks Mossman.