Just because tele body build

Show members what you're up to! Get tips, tricks and advice.
devdem
Reactions:

Man this was years ago. It's in exactly the same condition somewhere in my garage. Thought I'd throw that onto the new heap as a place to start.

Yeah a build forum would be well used.

Thanks Patrick!

Well heck the pictures are out of order but who cares....
Attachments
RoutedBody3sm.jpg
RoutedBody3sm.jpg (115.46 KiB) Viewed 1224 times
RoughCut1sm.jpg
RoughCut1sm.jpg (168.49 KiB) Viewed 1224 times
Slab1sm.jpg
Slab1sm.jpg (161.67 KiB) Viewed 1224 times
devdem
Reactions:

Where it all began
Attachments
MoreLumber2.jpg
MoreLumber2.jpg (222.9 KiB) Viewed 1222 times
Jaymo
Reactions:
Gearlist: SX Liquid. SX Hawk. Sawtooth Tele. Ibanez GAX70L. SX Callisto STD+. Ibanez miKro bass. Jay Turser Pbass. Carvin LB70L.

Looks like pine. Is it? I love a pine Tele.
So, you've been patiently waiting while the body blank properly ages.
It should be just about aged to perfection, and ready to become sonic perfection.
dbrian66
Reactions:

That is cool! I have an unfinished pine Tele body coming from eBay. Not sure what I’m going to do with it yet, but I am excited!
ILuvTeles
Reactions:

Ooooo, a tele, me likey!
Cyphre
Reactions:

I’ve been noodling around with my telecaster lately… I’ve decided I would really like belly and forearm cuts in it.... so much less comfy than my Jag or my jazzmaster.
I wouldn’t have the foggiest idea how to get that done except to do it myself (and probably screw it up badly).

And of course I’d have to have it repainted.

Or maybe I should just play it and shut the hell up
Ø
devdem
Reactions:

Jaymo wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 6:42 pm Looks like pine. Is it? I love a pine Tele.
So, you've been patiently waiting while the body blank properly ages.
It should be just about aged to perfection, and ready to become sonic perfection.
I'd say yes probably pine or something in that family. I remember I had some pallets and this was the closest that looked decent.
devdem
Reactions:

dbrian66 wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 7:34 pm That is cool! I have an unfinished pine Tele body coming from eBay. Not sure what I’m going to do with it yet, but I am excited!
Hey man, whatever arrives can be made to play. It's a tele, afterall. With any luck at all the holes will be where they are supposed to be. Pics when it arrives, yes?
devdem
Reactions:

Cyphre wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 8:24 pm I’ve been noodling around with my telecaster lately… I’ve decided I would really like belly and forearm cuts in it.... so much less comfy than my Jag or my jazzmaster.
I wouldn’t have the foggiest idea how to get that done except to do it myself (and probably screw it up badly).

And of course I’d have to have it repainted.

Or maybe I should just play it and shut the hell up
Shoot yeah you could do it. And yes unless you want bare wood showing, you'd need to finish it some how. If you took the slow and steady route, a few grades of sandpaper and a backing block would get you there in an afternoon. Just find something to model it after and keep within the lines.