Too much wall

Show members what you're up to! Get tips, tricks and advice.
Zipslack
Reactions:

I need more cheap guitars. That unused space bugs me and I have extra hangers...
Attachments
20200608_141953.jpg
20200608_141957.jpg
Bubba Zanetti
Reactions:
Gearlist: Let's talk about my Eko's...

Absolutely, you could fit at least 25 -30 more guitars on all that exposed wall if you get creative. You could also get ceiling hangers for another 50. I'll help find you guitars, what's on your GAS list?
In the Midnight Hour she Cried MoMoMo
Zipslack
Reactions:

Bubba Zanetti wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 6:19 pm Absolutely, you could fit at least 25 -30 more guitars on all that exposed wall if you get creative. You could also get ceiling hangers for another 50. I'll help find you guitars, what's on your GAS list?
I tried explaining that to my wife, who wanted me to hang them to free-up floor space.... She wasn't overwhelmed by the amazing logic argument.
Tonray's Ghost
Reactions:

I asked the GF where she would prefer I put the only two guitars I own. The options were floor stands or mount on wall. When she vacuums or sweeps she is like a bull in a china shop so the wall is the only real choice if I don't want them mangled. It's a small space but I plan on hanging two wood rails which will hang two guitars each ( accounting for future plans to 4 total). I will mount first rail high and second lower to give a little bit of depth to the display.
ID10t
Reactions:

I can hang 10 guitars on a 7 foot length by about 10 inch deep. And I get a flat surface, all flat surfaces get occupied. I really need to clean.
Attachments
20200608_180320.jpg
Buddy
Reactions:

Any recommendations on specific guitar hangers? Specific brands? Any to avoid? This thread is making me feel inspired!
If I was a guitar I would have to be a polygamist.
toomanycats
Reactions:

I've had the experience of "too much Wall" from time to time. My usual solution is to go back to Meddle, Wish You We're Here, or Animals for a while, and then when I finally return to the Wall it doesn't seem like too much anymore . . . at least for a while. :D
“There are only two means of refuge from the miseries of life: Music and Cats!” Albert Schweitzer
Flatline
Reactions:

Buddy wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 11:46 am Any recommendations on specific guitar hangers? Specific brands? Any to avoid? This thread is making me feel inspired!
I use the string swing slat wall hangers and they're great. I don't think you can go wrong with either the String Swing or the Hercules hangers.
Buddy
Reactions:

Flatline wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 12:26 pm
Buddy wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 11:46 am Any recommendations on specific guitar hangers? Specific brands? Any to avoid? This thread is making me feel inspired!
I use the string swing slat wall hangers and they're great. I don't think you can go wrong with either the String Swing or the Hercules hangers.
Thank you! I will be looking them up!
If I was a guitar I would have to be a polygamist.
Zipslack
Reactions:

These are the ones I used.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07TKP1 ... asin_title

Not professional-grade, but acceptable. I did not use the sheetrock anchors...screwed into the studs.
toomanycats
Reactions:

For maximum guitar storage capacity build one of these below the hanging guitars. I've got eighteen guitars in this six foot long DIY stand.

fullsizeoutput_754.jpeg
“There are only two means of refuge from the miseries of life: Music and Cats!” Albert Schweitzer
t100d
Reactions:
Gearlist: '62 Guild T100D Slim Jim
'76 Ibanez 2405 Custom Agent
2004 Ibanez SA220EX
2009 Douglas WNO 630
2019 Peavey JF1
2021 Indio Retro Tele

'70 Gianninni Craviola

Córdoba Mini II EB-CE
Aria A542F
Takamine TC132SC
Rivera BC-394C

'70's Hohner PJ fretless bass
'84 Ibanez Roadstar II bass w/ SX Ursa neck

YouRock Midi guitar

Fender Acoustasonic 40
Fender Mustang III
Vox DA5
Monoprice 40W SS w/ 10" speaker

In my case, it's "too little wall"—only about 8" in my music/room/guest room/home office, which has two walls of desk space and a large futon/couch.

I really don't want my 6 guitars and 2 basses hanging on the wall, too much cleaning and too visible from outside …
I keep currently-used axes on the futon, the rest safely in their cases in the closet, and also figured out how to deal with chronic GAS—click on pic to enlarge (and look, there's my Craviola!)

Wall ….jpg
"Anyone who understands jazz knows that you can't understand it. It's too complicated. That's what's so simple about it."