Working Between Mac & Windows in Reaper

Milkman
Reactions:

I have been learning to use Reaper for a few months now, and I really like it.

One of the main reasons I wanted to start using it was because I have no quiet space to record vocals, and I the computer I have at work is a Win10 PC, so using GarageBand was out of the question.

I have been successfully switching between the mac and the pc for a while now by simply storing ALL of the associated files for a project on a portable SSD drive, and keeping the plugins I'm using present in both computers. It's super easy and seamless. This is a great way to share projects too... cross platform and free for the full featured evaluation version, and waaaay cheap to register ($60).
"Everything works if you let it." - Travis W. Redfish

Joined AGF April 10, 2013
Chocol8
Reactions:

Reaper is the best $60 I have spent on software in a LONG LONG time!
Spike
Reactions:

Thinking about trying the same thing with Studio One. It came with my interface and comes with multiple licenses. I have an old copy of Reaper that I never dove too deep into. Garage Band is soooo easy, I have a hard time giving it up. :roll:
To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift
Steve Prefontaine
Milkman
Reactions:

GarageBand is soooooo easy, and I liked it A LOT, but the extras in Reaper are great for me.... just the buss routing alone is worth it!

Truthfully, GarageBand does everything I need it to, but t it doesn’t allow me to switch back and forth between Mac and Windows, which I need. It also lacks some of the advanced features and customization available in Reaper (and other DAWs), but I didn’t even know I wanted them until I had them.
"Everything works if you let it." - Travis W. Redfish

Joined AGF April 10, 2013
Spike
Reactions:

Yea, I just need to quit being lazy and get out of my comfort zone...
To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift
Steve Prefontaine