Reaper(Fried)

Tonray's Ghost
Reactions:

I've been Reaperfried....arghhh.

So after a year of having my little Valeton GP-100 (which I have come to absolutely love !) I decided once again to descend into the depths of DAW recording seeing that it has a USB interface built in. After some initial hiccups, I got the proper ASIO drive from Valeton and Reaper recognizes the device and I see audio levels move when I strum the guitar...but...I don't see any other indications that it is recording anything in the waveform when I try to record (record track is armed).

Any suggestions ?
mighty_duck
Reactions:

I can't help, so I'll do my best to hinder.
This is what I know about a reaper, crappy sound, and a fried brain. It's what I was expecting when I clicked on this thread :P

Tonray's Ghost
Reactions:

Ok...figured it out. Something about Normalizing Peaks....just followed some advice on Reddit..don't worry not planning on buying Gamestop but they do know their Reaper options.
Tonray's Ghost
Reactions:

BTW. Found a great YouTube Reaper channel to get started.

https://youtube.com/c/REAPERMania
UrenragK
Reactions:

mighty_duck wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 11:46 pm I can't help, so I'll do my best to hinder.
This is what I know about a reaper, crappy sound, and a fried brain. It's what I was expecting when I clicked on this thread :P

:noseg:
Milkman
Reactions:

There are dozens of Reaper videos (mostly by the same guy you referenced above) right on the Reaper website… all nicely organized:

https://www.reaper.fm/videos.php
"Everything works if you let it." - Travis W. Redfish

Joined AGF April 10, 2013