Reaper Problem?

Discuss your Recording Environment, OS, DAW and Hardware with members.
MichaelR
Reactions:

I have been using Reaper for quite some time but several updates ago it has started being a problem. First off I have my Katana 100 connected by usb to my computer and by 1/4 inch cable from the katana phones/record out to my focusrite scarlett 2i4 which is also connected to the puter by usb for the power. This has worked fine until a few updates of reaper ago, I cant remember exactly which update messed it up, I have updated several times since hoping it would fix it. Anyway now after I record anything and then try to play over it the master amps up the delay I use greatly so much so that its makes playing over a rhythm section unusable. If I turn down the master then I cant hear the rhythm I just recorded. Nothing I do with the amp effects the delay at all either on the new section I'm trying to play or the recording I'm trying to play over. At this point I'm about to dump reaper which I hate to do so I hope someone here can help.
golem
Reactions:

The best place to ask is the reaper forums: https://forum.cockos.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20

Also, I just checked Justin Frankel's (creator) site and there's supposed to be a new release as of yesterday.
MichaelR
Reactions:

I figured it out finally, I should have gone through this before. In Reaper options/preferences/device/audio system, I am NOW using ASIO and the ASIO driver is focusrite asio but I was using waveout and it was the waveout setting that caused the problem which was a tad bit of lag and amplification of the delay and all the other tone setting I had on my kantana.

I didn't realize or maybe remember from my first setup that in the audio system drop down you could chose from 6 differenet options and the default was waveout which caused the problem for me. Once ASIO is chosen then you get a new drop down below it from which you can chose focusrite or Katana and being as I am using the focusrite as my interface that's the right answer.

This has been bugging me for quite a while so I'm very happy to have solved it as other than this I really like Reaper.
Milkman
Reactions:

Finally! Solved!

Hopefully we’ll hear some music soon!
"Everything works if you let it." - Travis W. Redfish

Joined AGF April 10, 2013
MichaelR
Reactions:

Milkman wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 9:18 pm Finally! Solved!

Hopefully we’ll hear some music soon!
I hope so to, timing has been by problem since I first started trying to record.
Narsh
Reactions:
Gearlist: Main Guitars: Kiesel Aries 7, Kiesel SCB6H,
Main Bass: Yamaha TRBX305
Main Amps: Kemper Profiler, AxeFX II XL+, Neural DSP Parallaxe
Recording: MAC,Reaper, Focusrite 8i8 Gen3, JBL LSR308
And much, much, more...

I would always use ASIO4ALL and never had too much of a problem until I started using all the cool new toys/plugins. Then had to upgrade.