Kali LP8 studio monitors

Discuss your Recording Environment, OS, DAW and Hardware with members.
eicca
Reactions:

I love these monitors so much I gotta post about them.

One of my KRK Rokit 5s developed a short in the volume pot almost four years ago. I kept it alive by jamming some paper in just the right spot to keep the connections stable. But last night it finally went beyond my current ability to repair. So on impulse I went up to Guitar Center and grabbed the last to Kali Audio LP8 monitors from their stock. (I’ll replace the pot in the KRK later…)

I’d wanted Yamaha HS8s but those are almost double the cost. Reviews say the LP8s are nearly identical. I didn’t get a chance to demo them on the floor, but that studio monitor demo wall is almost useless anyway.

Man oh man do I love the LP8s. Tight, clear, crisp, all the buzz words. The bass (and overall sound) holds its integrity beautifully at really low volume levels, which is where they’ll be most of the time since I’m in an apartment. But when I do get a rare opportunity to crank them, they deliver in spades. All around a perfect package for the price.

I got the V1s which do have a little hiss. But this doesn’t bother me.

Anyway, if you need new monitors, highly recommend the Kali LP8s.
-={Resident Boston Fanatic}=-
Agile AL-3200 satin black; Agile AL-3010SE Goldtop, signed by Boston, retired; The Amazing Mystery Kit Bass
1984 Rockman X100 Rev10; 1988 Rockman Sustainor 200; 1983 Yamaha PB-1
Custom built Stradivarius-model cello
Milkman
Reactions:

I’ve heard good things about those monitors. I’d get some, but with my current setup, there really is no point.
"Everything works if you let it." - Travis W. Redfish

Joined AGF April 10, 2013