Soldano Pedal?

Broken down by TYPE in Sub Forums.
andrewsrea
Reactions:
Gearlist: 28 Guitars: (2) basses, (2) acoustics, (3) hollow bodies, (3) Semi hollow, (1) Double-neck, (17) Solid-bodies

Anyone try a Soldano SLO pedal?

I might have access to the schematic and take a shot a building one.
Live life to the fullest! - Rob
mozz
Reactions:

Info on free stomp boxes.com. Not sure if they make more than 1 pedal variation.
AGF refugee
toomanycats
Reactions:

Anyone know if it's true that EVH's post 1984 tone, after he had retired his venerable favorite 100 watt Marshall Super Lead, was based on a Soldano? I could have swore I read that somewhere.

EDIT: Just answered my own question. It's on the Soldano Wikipedia page.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soldano_C ... lification

"In 1991, Eddie Van Halen used an SLO 100 (which replaced his Marshall 1959 due to technical issues) for the album For Unlawful Carnal Knowledge and modeled his signature amp, the Peavey 5150, after it."

Anyways, @andrewsrea, does the Sodano SLO pedal look like a dirt pedal, or is it more like an amp in a box?
“There are only two means of refuge from the miseries of life: Music and Cats!” Albert Schweitzer
andrewsrea
Reactions:
Gearlist: 28 Guitars: (2) basses, (2) acoustics, (3) hollow bodies, (3) Semi hollow, (1) Double-neck, (17) Solid-bodies

toomanycats wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 2:20 pm Anyone know if it's true that EVH's post 1984 tone, after he had retired his venerable favorite 100 watt Marshall Super Lead, was based on a Soldano? I could have swore I read that somewhere.

"In 1991, Eddie Van Halen used an SLO 100 (which replaced his Marshall 1959 due to technical issues) for the album For Unlawful Carnal Knowledge and modeled his signature amp, the Peavey 5150, after it."

Anyways, @andrewsrea, does the Sodano SLO pedal look like a dirt pedal, or is it more like an amp in a box?
Videos say, more an amp in a box. In my analysis of an SLO 100 amp schematic, the amp is a cross between a slightly hotter Marshall JCM800 with each section favoring almost the same mid-range frequency. Somewhat like a tube screamer into a dynamic Marshall.
Live life to the fullest! - Rob
Rollin Hand
Reactions:

toomanycats wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 2:20 pm Anyone know if it's true that EVH's post 1984 tone, after he had retired his venerable favorite 100 watt Marshall Super Lead, was based on a Soldano? I could have swore I read that somewhere.

I don't know how accurate this is, but I read somewhere that the 5150 was supposed to be a Soldano that "hit" as fast as a Marshall.
"I'm not a sore loser. It's just that I prefer to win, and when I don't, I get furious."
- Ron Swanson