BD2/Klon/Bluesbreaker/Storm/TS comparison (Don't watch if you hate JM)

Broken down by TYPE in Sub Forums.
golem
Reactions:

Mayer used these pedals at different points in his career. I think it's interesting to see how the pedals differ (or don't).
golem
Reactions:

I think this demo doesn't give the BD2 a fair play. BD2 has way more range in gain, volume, and tone control on tap. It's a more versatile pedal, but I don't love all of it's sounds.

mozz
Reactions:

I modded a BD2 for a guy and best i can describe it was "this is a pedal i would leave on all the time".
AGF refugee
golem
Reactions:

mozz wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 3:43 pm I modded a BD2 for a guy and best i can describe it was "this is a pedal i would leave on all the time".
What kind of mods? I believe Mayer used a Keeley modded BD2. It seems there are different options out there.
mozz
Reactions:

It was a kit provided by my friend, i just followed the instruction. I "think" some caps were changed to better quality. Looking at the Fromel webpage shows the kit and 99% sure that was the one i used. I also see a Fromel kit on Amazon and it's different from the Fromel webpage. There is also a Monte Allums kit which is cheaper but they are using electrolytics. One thing i am not sure of is are any cap values changed from stock. Just swapping out caps for film caps may or may not make a noticeable improvement to most people.

Dumb me never xeroxed the instruction sheet so i can't say for sure if all values are stock. I'm sure the guys at diystompboxes.com have a good idea what the best mods are.
AGF refugee