The HeadRush Debacle

Broken down by TYPE in Sub Forums.
Milkman
Reactions:

Sooo, I've documented my struggles with my HeadRush Gigboard before, but I'll re-cap here and provide an update...

I really love this thing. I find the big, full-colour touch screen super intuitive to use, and I can dial useable tones up on this unit far more quickly than I can on a Helix or a Fractal. The tones are excellent to my ears, and the layout is perfect.

BUT...

I bought the Gigboard in November, 2018. By March, the unit failed to be recognized when connected to a computer via USB. I brought it back to the dealer, who sent it back to the manufacturer for repair. Apparently, failure of the USB circuit board is a fairly common problem with these units. I got the Gigboard back on June 22, 2019, which I thought was a ridiculous amount of time.

Sometime near Christmas 2019, someone at AGF jinxed me by mentioning the Gigboard and I commented how great I thought it was.... a few days later, it could not be connected to any computer via USB. Surely, I should get more than six months out of a factory warranty repair?!?! I have been trying to contact the manufacturer ever since. I send a request in through their website, but don't hear back until.... get this... I get an email asking me to take a survey about my recent experience with their tech support!

I've called them, emailed them, completed the survey... and still nothing.

I can still use the Gigboard to send the signal out to a PA, or an amp or even to my computer through my interface, but I can't backup my patches, load any updates or IR's, or record processed sounds and raw signal at the same time to allow re-amping later.

I shoulda bought a Helix. As a matter of fact, an HX Stomp would suit my needs well enough.

In short, my advice is... don't buy a HeadRush... it's a complete piece of MoMo. (edit: It's not a complete MoMo. It is easy to use, and recognizes that I'm an actual person when I interact with it).
"Everything works if you let it." - Travis W. Redfish

Joined AGF April 10, 2013
golem
Reactions:

Accidental post. Now I need to check and see if this post actually went where it was supposed to.
doc-knapp
Reactions:

You're not the first person I've heard had a problem with the hardware. It seems to not be very well built. With so many other options out there, I'd recommend switching brands.
Rollin Hand
Reactions:

I would just get one of the Hotone modellers, which are supposed to be quite good, and if they break, at least they are cheap.

Failing that, the Helix stuff is supposed to be amazing.
"I'm not a sore loser. It's just that I prefer to win, and when I don't, I get furious."
- Ron Swanson
Milkman
Reactions:

I’m definitely interested in the Hotone unit, but I have played with the Helix models quite a bit, so I already KNOW I’ll like them.

hatchmusic
Reactions:

Have you tried their Facebook page? Supposedly they will respond through direct messaging, YMMV.
Milkman
Reactions:

hatchmusic wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 5:44 pm Have you tried their Facebook page? Supposedly they will respond through direct messaging, YMMV.
Hmmmmm, I’m not a real FB guy, but I might give it a shot. Obviously, I shouldn’t have to do that... so it’s still bullshit.