Amazon Basics Pedals (possibly rebranded Nux)

Broken down by TYPE in Sub Forums.
golem
Reactions:

I found out about this on TGP. Apparently, one was taken apart and had a Nux circuit board. I assume it's an OEM relationship?

https://www.amazon.com/AmazonBasics-Com ... 187&sr=8-1
Flatline
Reactions:

I just saw them a few minutes ago. I was trying to see if anyone knew who they were re-brands of. I don't particularly need any of them right now.
golem
Reactions:

Flatline wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:20 am I just saw them a few minutes ago. I was trying to see if anyone knew who they were re-brands of. I don't particularly need any of them right now.
Yup some people are claiming they are all Nux based on the one example having been taken apart and similarities from the Amazon line to what Nux offers. I'd say it's more likely they'd do it all with Nux than not. So for now I'd say the safest bet is that it's all rebranded Nux.

These offerings don't really fall into my buying strategy.
ID10t
Reactions:

If I didn't have all the inexpensive pedals I need I would probably give these a try, maybe a looper but probably not. My problem is this appears to have dropped in August and has mostly stellar reviews (a couple not 5 stars) ( I don't bet my life on reviews, especially Amazon ("These product bring joy to day, best")))))
But everyone of the review is "Vine Customer Review of Free Product". I read about the vine program, I understand it and the desire for reviews. It just feels too political and BS to me.
"Hello person living in this town, I am like you, vote for me and buy my stuff, go local sports club."
....caffeine taking longer than normal......
mozz
Reactions:

Bought the nux stereo chorus a few years back. Delay when switching and a pop sometimes, been back in the box since.
AGF refugee
golem
Reactions:

mozz wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:56 am Bought the nux stereo chorus a few years back. Delay when switching and a pop sometimes, been back in the box since.
That's a perfect example of my fears.
mark_morton
Reactions:

I swore off them mini Chinese pedals a long time ago. Most of them suck tone. The ones I had, at least.
golem
Reactions:

mark_morton wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 12:36 pm I swore off them mini Chinese pedals a long time ago. Most of them suck tone. The ones I had, at least.
I've had good experiences with XVIVE. I found a few selling below average prices on Amazon (posted about them here). I seem to recall XVIVE hires better-known designers to work on their pedals but makes them abroad. So for example, they have a bitbucket delay from someone who worked on the Memory Man. And Thomas Blug had some input on a few pedals (the Bluguitar amp dude) although it's not clear to me his level of involvement.

http://www.scanproaudio.info/2017/03/21 ... -by-xvive/
aullucci
Reactions:

Have the NUX Time Core. The battery snap never worked. Otherwise, it's really pretty solid. I have had some pretty good success with other cheap Chinese knockoffs too. My $25 Mosky OCD knockoff is fabulous.
Sinster
Reactions:
Gearlist: Many Les Pauls, Couple of Tele's and Strats, a PRS, a EVH Woflgang, a Bass, and Epi Acoustic. Egnater Rebel 20, Tubemeister 18.

Gear Gods did a video 2 out of the 3 where NUX's.