Spark Go, anyone?

Discussions by amplifier type.
dabbler
Reactions:

I have a Spark 40, and I like it!

I'm on the verge of ordering a Go, since it can run on batteries and is sooo portable, but I do want to hear others' thoughts. Anybody already got one?
BatUtilityBelt
Reactions:

I only have the 40 also. Had it been available, I might have gone for the mini instead because of the battery. I'd also love to hear real ear experiences with the Go. I have to assume low end suffers a lot.
Bullcat
Reactions:

I saw a video that shows you can get a battery that works for up to 12 hours with the 40.

Joined AGF May 11, 2015
BatUtilityBelt
Reactions:

Bullcat wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 7:24 am I saw a video that shows you can get a battery that works for up to 12 hours with the 40.
LOL, as soon as I read your post, I thought it would be...

Tear it open, de-solder these traces on the main board, solder in a jumper here, build a power adapter from these parts, drill and cut the case here, and add this battery.

Nope, this approach is brilliant.
andrewsrea
Reactions:
Gearlist: 28 Guitars: (2) basses, (2) acoustics, (3) hollow bodies, (3) Semi hollow, (1) Double-neck, (17) Solid-bodies

A friend who I do a ton of repairs and mods for, just bought one. It sounds great to me and he loves it.
Live life to the fullest! - Rob
dabbler
Reactions:

Bullcat wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 7:24 am I saw a video that shows you can get a battery that works for up to 12 hours with the 40.

Thanks so much for this, Bullcat! I just ordered one of the batteries (I went for the black one with the USB-C port) instead of the Go!
slowhand84
Reactions:

dabbler wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 6:24 pm I have a Spark 40, and I like it!

I'm on the verge of ordering a Go, since it can run on batteries and is sooo portable, but I do want to hear others' thoughts. Anybody already got one?
I have a Spark 40 too and love it, and I also bought the Spark Mini when it came out (love it too). I don't see any particular need for the Spark Go...yes it is smaller than the Mini, but the Mini is already VERY compact and easy to carry around as is and will certainly sound much better. The battery thing is nice but the Spark Mini charges via USB and is good for up to 8 hours of playing on a single charge, so I don't see the battery option as much of an incentive either. YMMV, just my opinion.
dabbler
Reactions:

My NB7102 battery came in today! I just finished hooking it up to my Spark 40! And it works just like the video said! Yay!

I didn't realize that it came with an assortment of tips to go on the output side of the cable (the side that goes into whatever you're powering). The "C" tip worked for the spark, but the fact that it has all these other tips makes it super versatile!

Thanks again for saving me from the Go. Not that the Go is a bad product, but now that my Spark 40 is fully portable I'm good!