I want me a Vox

Discussions by amplifier type.
Tonray's Ghost
Reactions:

Probably eventually cave to an AC15C1...but man oh man these early morning vids (when my resolve is weakest) have me reaching for the debit card..

BatUtilityBelt
Reactions:

Despite it being loud for the tones I love, my AC15C1 is still my favorite amp. The reason I didn't go AC30 is volume.
Tonray's Ghost
Reactions:

BatUtilityBelt wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 8:05 pm Despite it being loud for the tones I love, my AC15C1 is still my favorite amp. The reason I didn't go AC30 is volume.
The reason I won't go Ac30 is GF throwing me out of her house... :lol: :lol: :lol:
SamIV
Reactions:

They do sound good. I owned one up until a year ago. Should not have sold it. Will probably get another .
tlarson58
Reactions:
Gearlist: A tele, a bass and a bunch of other stuff.

Never thought that I'd hear that type of guitar playing through a Vox. makes sense now, though.
Tommy Larson
Steamboat Springs, CO
glasshand
Reactions:

I love the sound of a dimed AC30. I used to practice at a studio that had one, and I'd just stand in front of it and feel my pant legs flap in the wind. On Saturday I get to play a gig with one :D
but it sounds like they're giving us basically no time for sound check :cry:
which is not ideal for getting a good tone, especially since this is apparently an "intimate" venue which may have concerns about volume. Although we are tempted to just say "YOUR EARS ARE ABOUT TO GET INTIMATELY ACQUAINTED WITH SOME ROCK".
andrewsrea
Reactions:
Gearlist: 28 Guitars: (2) basses, (2) acoustics, (3) hollow bodies, (3) Semi hollow, (1) Double-neck, (17) Solid-bodies

I find the traditional Vox sounds (Normal and Top-boost) to be very musical for many types of music. I modded a mid-sixties Montgomery Ward Airliner amp (same as Valco / Supro) into a 15w Vox and love it. It was my main amp from 1992 to 2000. Just plug in my '92 PRS CE24, crank it and go!
Live life to the fullest! - Rob
tonebender
Reactions:
Gearlist: Fav: Gibson LP and Gibson Goldtone Amp. Other gear: Gretsch, Peavey, Taylor and more.

Amazing amps and one that all other amps are compared to when describing tone. How many times have you read "Vox like chime"? Back in the day it seems all amps were compared to Fender, Marshall or Vox. It was like they were the three categories for tone. Then along came the high gain stuff and things changed.
"Will follow through with a transaction when the terms are agreed upon" almightybunghole