NAD Roland Jazz Chorus 50

Discussions by amplifier type.
helsinkirocks
Reactions:

Received a text from a friends mom this morning that while cleaning out her house she found a guitar amp. I'm the only person she knows who plays guitar so she asked if I wanted it, of course I said yes. She dropped it off just a few minutes ago. It's a Roland Jazz Chorus 50. I don't know much about these, looks like its from the mid 80s. I do know James Hetfield uses the 120w head version for his clean sounds both live, and in the studio. I gave it a run through, both inputs and all switches seem to work correctly. Chorus, reverb, and built in distortion work well.

Didn't really get a good read on the actual tone of the amp, the pots are incredibly scratchy scratchy, so they will need cleaned up, but other then that, seems to be in good working order, just needs cleaned up.
IMG_20230101_130449159.jpg
Joined the original AGF on January 20, 2007.
Final Post Count: 4,369
bc rich
Reactions:

helsinkirocks wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 1:14 pm Received a text from a friends mom this morning that while cleaning out her house she found a guitar amp. I'm the only person she knows who plays guitar so she asked if I wanted it, of course I said yes. She dropped it off just a few minutes ago. It's a Roland Jazz Chorus 50. I don't know much about these, looks like its from the mid 80s. I do know James Hetfield uses the 120w head version for his clean sounds both live, and in the studio. I gave it a run through, both inputs and all switches seem to work correctly. Chorus, reverb, and built in distortion work well.

Didn't really get a good read on the actual tone of the amp, the pots are incredibly scratchy scratchy, so they will need cleaned up, but other then that, seems to be in good working order, just needs cleaned up.

IMG_20230101_130449159.jpg
Give them pots the treatment. and congrats on vintage amp score and your friend.
doxit 008_zpsduoeo7lt.jpg
Mr. Leyvatone
Reactions:
Gearlist: 5 Agiles, 5 SX, assorted other guitars and gear.

Niiiice!!

Yeah, hit it with DeOxit, then let it live on the clean channel. That’s what it’s all about.
LightWingStudios
Site Admin
Reactions:

GREAT AMPS! They go for between $400 & $500.

The 2x12 were STEREO and catch as much as $1K if not more depending on condition!

That was not "A Score". That was "Manna From Heaven". :)
U.S. Manufacturer Of Musical Instrument Protection Accessories: AxeShield HD, AxeSak HD, AmpShield HD, KeyShield HD, PedalShield HD, MixShield HD, AxeGlove And AxeCap.

Visit Us At https://www.LightWingStudios.com

Email us at contact@LightWingStudios.com
helsinkirocks
Reactions:

Thanks all! I had some laying around handy, sprayed and worked into all the jacks, switches, and pots. Works like a dream and has the most beautiful clean tones!
Joined the original AGF on January 20, 2007.
Final Post Count: 4,369
tlarson58
Reactions:
Gearlist: A tele, a bass and a bunch of other stuff.

New amp days rule. FREE new amp days are even better!

Congrats!
Tommy Larson
Steamboat Springs, CO