Help needed with amp power indicator bulb

Discussions by amplifier type.
Tiga
Reactions:

The bulb in this Fender Princeton 65 SS is out. It doesn't look like the bulb is removable or is it? Do I have to source the whole bulb/harness assembly? Thanks for any help!
Bulb1.jpg
Bulb2.jpg
jtcnj
Reactions:

Hard to tell from pics, does the wire and socket maybe push out from the plastic bracket?
Old AGF since Feb. 2015; refugee of the Great MOMO Purge of May 2020.
mickey
Reactions:

Measure the voltage & replace it with an LED & resistor in series (size of resistor depends on voltage) either AC or DC supply will work. It will last as long as the amp.
Gandalf the Intonationer
glasshand
Reactions:

It looks to me like it already is an LED, although I could be wrong. It's rare for LEDs to die, but I suppose it's not impossible.
Tiga
Reactions:

Well I pushed on the bulb a bit and now it's working. Not sure if it just wasn't seated correctly or what. I guess we'll see how long it lasts.
andrewsrea
Reactions:
Gearlist: 28 Guitars: (2) basses, (2) acoustics, (3) hollow bodies, (3) Semi hollow, (1) Double-neck, (17) Solid-bodies

According to the schematic, it is a T-47 'bayonet' type bulb. These are the typic Fender indicator blulb and are notorious for needing to be 'nudged' to make contact. They are pressure fit by a spring and held in place by two nubs and corrode in that position. Moving them around and reseating them usually fixes them, although I have one with an old 60's socket that I constantly need to rap the top of to get it back on.

To replace: push in, turn it left and it should pop out. To install one: push in, turn right until it stops and let it pop up into place. Easy-peasy.
Live life to the fullest! - Rob